'Official' Retrobike Pace Serial Number Thread

FluffyChicken":1x2xd362 said:
Whole point of Google docs is collaboration ;-)

In this instance do you think its a good idea that anybody can go in and edit anybody's bike details?

Only us using it, keep it non-searchable (link only or something) Easy to keep a backup.
And no-one gets harmed.

I have the sigmond frame just numbers thoughi'be taken the paint off there told me it was f3 not f2 (I don't know the difference between them)

Looks like it might have been red before it's respray.

FluffyChicken":27fy6i5i said:
Only us using it, keep it non-searchable (link only or something) Easy to keep a backup.
And no-one gets harmed.

It's currently set to 'Anyone who has the link can view', as far as I know its non-searchable.

It's either invite only (per email address) for Write Access or Read Only for anybody with the link.

Giving one or two people write access is quick/easy but giving 100+ RetroBike members access is not - I'll leave it like it is and deal with the occasional updates via PM.

Add the Retrobike circle?
Any retrobiker can then do it. Or just stick the thing in the wiki and people can update there.

FluffyChicken":2hu4r1mz said:
Or just stick the thing in the wiki and people can update there.

I hear what you are saying but there's not an issue with updates how it is now as far as I know, I've had no 'change request' messages since April and now its in GoogleDocs I can make changes in seconds compared to the hideous solution I had previously.

Think that's a fine solution, love the new look, my wide uses googledocs and it makes perfect sense here!

Good work mate, any more out there??

:D

Re:

neilll":n5p9coem said:
Please PM me your numbers and amendments peeps (if you haven't already done so...)

I keep track of and do all the updates by surfing my inbox - I do not have time to backtrack through this thread :)

Thank you VideoJetMan for telling me this was going to crap ;)

Attachments

• 20130831_214858.jpg
    20130831_214858.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 375
Back