What retro bits are you working on?

Bicycle Addict

Retro Guru
Hello everyone my name is Paul and I am a Bicycle Addict its been 5 days since my last bike purchase!

I buy a bike fix it sell it,ride it, or give it away, then I buy another and so on and so on . . .
suffice to say I have a very accommodating wife!!!
She is also quite proud and calls me her Bike Nerd (YES!!) puts a smile on my face everytime.

I would like to start a thread where we chime in with our names and our current project.
Looking on this site guys out there are working on some really cool stuff, so we should be able to have a pretty cool thread here.

Yesterday a Pace frame needing a paint strip and tart up.
A rocky mountain frame, similar.

Have a tendency to pull suspension forks apart see how they work, fix them up a getting them going well again. Plenty still to do.

Fixing Rapid fire shifters even if they don't really need it. Same with rear mechs.

aka, I like to take things apart clean them up and put them together and add them to the shelf then figure out what to do with it.

Putting full bikes together is a problem though. Never seem to get around to it.

We_are_Stevo":19xzhnh0 said:
Just opened a newly delivered parcel containing a NOS blue ano 'RBP 100-A Chain Aligner...' :cool:

What does that do/for, pictures?
Other than the obvious bit on it's name... ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Currently waiting for the last part of my Kona Kula's "skeleton/fuselage ( with apologies to the Klein'ists ;) )/framekit" to arrive ; and deciding whether the battered paintwork is saveable or not.

I have a couple fun projects and not much time these days....

Rebuilding my old 91 Yeti FRO, very slowly......fixing up a 80's Peugeot road bike for a friend, once done I will get started on my daughters KHS Montanta Team JR (24" wheeled bike).

All these rides are fun to work on, but the KHS will probably bring the greatest joy. Can't wait to take to the trails with my daughter. I do have time though, she =turned 1 yesterday.

Trying to accelerate my Diamondback Ridge runner build, to provide a completed bike to take away with me on holiday in just over a week, whilst eyeing some of my other frames and wondering whether I'd be better served just building up a parts bin special, rather than a bike I have a clear vision of how it needs to be built.

So far, most the time is still being spent dismantling, cleaning and putting bits back together (see FluffyChicken's confession) rather than beginning to assemble the bike, but I should have more spare time the remaining evenings of this week.

Back