Hope disc timeline

See my Vit T in my sig. Black hope ti-glide and hope c2 caliper attached to a tigged on IS mount.

Note the mechanicals which this thread is mainly about predated the IS mount standard.

secret_squirrel":gjkcln65 said:
See my Vit T in my sig. Black hope ti-glide and hope c2 caliper attached to a tigged on IS mount.

Note the mechanicals which this thread is mainly about predated the IS mount standard.

No that's not what I'm after. If I can't source an appropriate rear Hope hub to use with generic (modern) mechanical disc brake I'll use a substitute. If Hope didn't make a rear hub compatible with other disc assemblies, then so be it. Trying to match my Hope mechanical front y'see, which is proving tricky :mrgreen:

Interested in Boxxer expanding on his comments though.

Big Eck - I've responded to yer PM :cool:

Squirrel you're doing it a bit more complicated than it needs to be

So Mr P
Imagine you have a modern bike, the caliper attaches to the frame either as per an IS caliper or via a post mount - this is what you want to do with your steed of choice, use a 3,5 or 8 caliper (if hope) or one that fits the 5 bolt disk you need ( hope can custom cut for £27)

Your hub will be a hope tiglide in blue with a splined section, 5 bolt disk carrier and a 5 bolt disk in the appropriate size for your caliper.

The hub needs a regular 135 axle and nothing else special except the splined shell, disk carrier/lock ring and disk.

The brake mounts to frame tabs, the disk spider and disk to the hub and set up as normal.

My manitou not benefitting from IS disk mounts needs a #2 caliper, short axle and long skewer to keep it all together

Hope that makes sense - you just need to treat it like a normal disk hub and provided your axle is 135 then there are no probs...

Any help :)

Attachments

• hopeformulawheels6.jpg
    hopeformulawheels6.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 501
  • sale stuff 006 (Large) (Small).JPG
    sale stuff 006 (Large) (Small).JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 501
secret_squirrel":x5chzsph said:
there may be a few incredibly rare 6 bolt spiders.

Was fitting my new hope mechanical last night - checked my blue hope flanged front suspension hub - it has a 6 bolt screw on spider - :oops: not quite as rare as I supposed.

secret_squirrel":1rtgtcg8 said:
secret_squirrel":1rtgtcg8 said:
there may be a few incredibly rare 6 bolt spiders.

Was fitting my new hope mechanical last night - checked my blue hope flanged front suspension hub - it has a 6 bolt screw on spider - :oops: not quite as rare as I supposed.

Picture please out of interest :)

Back