The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cyclinggardener":12qgpvn2 said:
OK, not much feedback on the whole bike, how much is a Suntour XC Pro Groupset in excellent condition worth?

See http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=264819 for pics and details.

I assume the Panaracer Smoke Lite tyres have some value too?

And the other bits?

The $3000 USD price, you mentioned, is a joke. It will be hard pressed to get 10% of that asking price. $300 - $500 USD is a better expectation range, and that's due to the nice xc pro parts, that look like they have little use. The parts, themselves, aside from the rusty bolts, would make a nice groupset, and probably bring close to as much, as the bike as a whole. Then the leftover frame, would not bring much more. So spitting it, might not be worth the hassle.
Being that it was a donation, put it on ebay, for a 30 day BIN or best offer auction, with an asking price of $500 USD (highest you could possible get for this bike imho), with best offer option. See what type of offers you get, and take the one you like best.

Thanks for the info GoldenEraMTB. We've already been offered £300 for it so there's no point in us shipping it to The States for not much more money.

Actually, I've just checked Ebay.com and another one of these, but not original and in less good condition, sold for $510 in May so this one is surely worth more?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
cyclinggardener":y4jly6v5 said:
Actually, I've just checked Ebay.com and another one of these, but not original and in less good condition, sold for $510 in May so this one is surely worth more?

Not necessarily. I'm still sticking to the range I stated, above. If you were able to get significantly more than $500, I'd be surprised...but ebay is full of surprises. Good luck with your sale and your shop :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hiya
I have what I believe to be a 1991 Eddy Merckx Team Kelme TSX Century that was my husband's pride & joy. He has left it to my children and they wish to sell it but I have no idea how much it is worth or where to go & sell it. It needs a new chain as the current one is rusty but apart from that is in very good condition with all original parts. It's in my garage but I've managed to find one picture on the internet that is of the same bike. Any assistance would be greatly received. I'm in Sussex. Thanks
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2590/422 ... 3b73_o.jpg

How much do the 90s Hope Ti Ultralight front hubs go for? I mean the super skinny ones with the Ti middle section, not the chunkier suspension hubs.

ultrazenith":3msof8av said:
How much do the 90s Hope Ti Ultralight front hubs go for? I mean the super skinny ones with the Ti middle section, not the chunkier suspension hubs.
10 to 20 quid posted depending on colour condition.
Lightweight or ultralight(road) one?
Smoothed flanges or the early stronger ;) angled flanges....

FluffyChicken":ylnbfxke said:
ultrazenith":ylnbfxke said:
10 to 20 quid posted depending on colour condition.
Lightweight or ultralight(road) one?
Smoothed flanges or the early stronger ;) angled flanges....

At the time I had no idea the ultralight was for road... Several of our MTB group had them built (sometimes radial laced) for MTB wheels without any problems. 10-20 quid posted sounds like a reasonable price, anyway.

I have some early XT hubs on Araya RM-20 black rims. The rear hub has a 6 speed screw on freehub (the smallest cog screws on, there is no locknut).

Any ideas on value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back