Brodie Sovereign

rocketboy2000":35gdww2n said:
just curious what the tt measurement is on the 18" catalyst? 22"?
Looking at the 94 catalogue in the RB gallery/archive section, it says 22.2" for 16" frame and and 22.9" for 18". Not sure what differences, if any between my 93 models and the 94.

Anyway, secured some more blue "bling". A set of NOS CT canti brakes. Also have a blue set of Avid Ultimate SD canti levers on their way to me. ;)

Attachments

• DSC05175.JPG
    DSC05175.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 477
Anatomy of a Gator!

Elusive fork finally acquired! :D

Sanded down the rust areas and the legs are sound. It needs a complete strip and repaint. Anyone ever take the legs off the crown? I've heard/read it's not only bolted but bonded as well??? :? From what I can see, the legs look to be painted before mounted to the crown.

Also what about the grub screws on the drop-outs? Any clue what they are for? I'm guessing to secure the drop-outs. Can the drop-outs be taken off if the grub screws and loosened/removed?

Attachments

• DSC05346.JPG
    DSC05346.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 439
  • DSC05345.JPG
    DSC05345.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 438
  • DSC05344.JPG
    DSC05344.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 439
  • DSC05343.JPG
    DSC05343.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 439
Glad you got the fork Frank :D ( :twisted: )

Looks like this one is a keeper then :D

Roy had his green/white ones painted - sure he'll be along with some tips soon.

raidan73":368ealw3 said:
Glad you got the fork Frank :D ( :twisted: )

Looks like this one is a keeper then :D

Keeper? If you're referring to the fork, then that's a definate yes. Although the steerer is too short for the larger Catalyst. But fine for the Sovereign.

Still need to determine if the Sovereign is a better fit. Fingers crossed on that as it now has the fork. I'll be assembling and testing the components hopefully in the next week or so. I already installed the RF ti bb and blue turbine cranks, RF hs, Syncros stem, RF bar and Gator. The ti Syncros post might be a tad short for the 16" frame. I have a longer black Syncros post, but i rather the ti as i think it'll be a better fit colour-wise.

so i test fitted the components onto the frame/fork. only things not final are the brake levers, headset and maybe the tyres. still waiting on a set of blue Avid Ult SD canti levers to arrive, which will replace the black Avid Ult SD V levers currently mounted.

i installed a silver RF threaded Real Seal HS, as i had the blue one installed on the Catalyst and couldn't be bothered uninstalling right now. as threaded RF Real Seal HS are a fixed stack height with no way of adding standard spacers, and the Gator steerer is a tad longer than what's needed, instead of prematurely cutting it down, i lucked out with a hack i discovered in which i mounted a spare RF threadless top race first and then the threaded RF top race on top to take up the difference. worked out pretty good, it almost seems like it's supposed to be like that. :LOL:

quickly took it for a spin around the neighborhood and i think i have a winner here. although without proper grips installed, i still got a sense that the bike would handle well and the fit seems to be spot on for me. i thought perhaps the Syncros Ti seatpost might be too short and i would need a longer extension but it was JUST the right height with enough post inserted into the frame to be at the bottom of the top tube edge of the seat cluster. :D

what's still needed to finish the bike which i've already have is a set of white grips and blue bullseye jockey wheels. i'd like to replace the black avid rollamajig with a blue one if i can find one, but if not, the black will be fine. and the tyres maybe swapped from the current Ritchey Z Max to a set of Smoke/Darts.

now on to reproducing the Sovereign decals before getting the frame stripped and repainted. i'm almost tempted to repaint it black as it is now. the blue and white accents works surprisingly well with the black frame/fork/stem. i could even use a longer black Syncros post i have which would give me even more post insertion to finish it off nicely! :? but overall i'm still leaning towards the blue/white combo i've already come up with.

Attachments

• DSC05351.JPG
    DSC05351.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 660
  • DSC05352.JPG
    DSC05352.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 656
  • DSC05357.JPG
    DSC05357.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 658
  • DSC05354.JPG
    DSC05354.JPG