The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Just had a very surreal afternoon at my local beer festival with wife and my 18 year old boy girl twins. The first year afterattending for thenlastbten asna family I've bought them an adult ticket. very odd but pleassant xperience especially when a dodgy drunken middle aged chap started hitting on my daughter not realising who the rest of us where as all mixed together with friends. Needless to say I shook,his hand and introduced myself. (6,3, 17 stone and ugly. Me that is) my kids ow get the difference between social drinking as today and drinking drinking. Happy day. Hic.

I'm going for a lie down.......... :facepalm:

I was about to rib you for your alcohol influenced spelling, but then I remembered what happened when I last came back from a beer festival. :facepalm:
An amusing post on a bike forum would definitely be the better option :LOL:

I must apologise for my lack of syntax and grammatical consideration in my previous paralytic pronouncement. I am suitably refreshed by sleep and rehydration.

I have a boy and girl of 18 who now appreciate the nature of social, steady, safe yet serious drinking. Our last ale registered 7+ %. My daughter opted for the strong ciders on offer. No rowdiness or untoward occurrences as always at our annual event. I am the first to surface. All remain above, in varying states of consciousness.

A milestone for us all.

Now. Where else did I post................

Regards to all

My son is 20 and would never share a pint with his family, he only drinks with his mates, even at Christmas.

Alison

Yes Postlip. Been every year for the last ten. Finished with a chocolate stout. Yum!

For Christmas I bought my daughter a figure-hugging t-shirt with the legend...

"I'm sorry, but you seem to have confused a safe drinking limit with what I like to call lunch!"

...it got her a free bottle of wine when she wore it to WaggaMammas they thought it that funny :LOL:

Back