Marin Bear Valley SE rigid forks (rockstar) needed...

braz

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member to the forum based near Winchester in Hampshire.

I am hoping to get some help sourcing some rigid forks for a 15.5 frame Marin Bear Valley SE from 1997.

I purchased the bike new is 97 from Alpine Bikes in Glasgow and shortly afterwards swapped the rigid forks for a Manitou suspension fork. Stupidly I didn't keep the original rigid fork and you guessed it I could really do with it now to bring the bike back to its original condition.

Does anyone have one that they don't need and would be prepared to sell to me :?:

I'll post some pictures when its back up to scratch and also of a 98 Marin Rift Zone that is next on my list to fix up.

Cheers...

I have various Marin rock star forks most of which are threaded, do the forks need to be theadless/ahead or can you work with a threaded fork.

Staf.

I have 2 forks which were removed and exchanged for suspension forks so are perfect. PM me if your interested.

Staf,

Thanks for the quick response - I'm liking this forum.

I'm not sure whether the head is threaded but I think not - is there an easy way to tell?

Head tube length is 4 inches (US bike so imperial).

I attach a photo - just taken as this may help? Do you have anything that may fit in your collection? Doesn't have to be exact colour match although that would be a bonus.

Cheers, Brian

Attachments

• bear valley 1.JPG
    bear valley 1.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 918
Hi all,

I'm learning fast and with a little help from the internet and be removing the suspension forks tonight I now know what I need...

Original fork was a Marin Lite chromoly butted in adonized silver with a headtube of 7.5" (just over 19cms) and an aheadset (no thread).

I appreciate the responses received so far and will try and be more complete in the requirement next time :oops:

Regards, Brian

Back