Kona Project 2 titanium fork - replicas?

bren":3pzwu36c said:
I understood that kona never produced a Ti P2 as the prototypes were just far too springy in all the wrong directions?
Not correct - they are rare but show up occasionally - they were in at least one of the catalogue as far as I know.

secret_squirrel":301l6y5q said:
bren":301l6y5q said:
I understood that kona never produced a Ti P2 as the prototypes were just far too springy in all the wrong directions?
Not correct - they are rare but show up occasionally - they were in at least one of the catalogue as far as I know.
We_are_Stevo":301l6y5q said:
I've only ever seen them hanging on the workshop wall in 'that' video?

They do exist, one of the members on here had a set when I went to pick up an explosif frame from him - he also had the matching Hei Hei, Ti Velocity, Ti O-Beam and Ti bars to go with.

I've seen at least one set for sale on here in fact the seller was selling a real set and Chinese copy side by side so the slight differences were obvious.

I was thinking of getting something similar for my Vit T build, but was put off after reading a lot of horror stories about weld failures.

makster":3fxmq33b said:
I was thinking of getting something similar for my Vit T build, but was put off after reading a lot of horror stories about weld failures.

I saw a thread on this, possibly on Singletrack about a custom Chinese fork manufacturer whose forks kept snapping!
Don't know if it was this company though.

bren":2yo9jf6v said:
I'm lucky because I've got a titanium P2. The fork works very fine and give better feelings than suspension fork. On other hand, it's more precise than the first suspension fork ;) .
It's an amazing fork !

I've got 2 stories
The first : in 1992, a friend came from Canada and rode on a full dream titanium HeiHei. One day, he had an accident in Paris and bumped into a car with his bike. The fork bent but didn't break, and my friend is still in good health. I'm not sure that the story would end in the same way with a chinese fork.
The second : A friend, in contact with these chinese titanium makers made me a copy of the ti Velocity stem. I rode it for the OWMTBC in Wales a few years ago. This stem wasn't stiff and bent in all directions. EdEdwards said me : ”Brave man“ :mrgreen: . I have changed it for real Velocity titanium stem : same geometry, same tubing diameters… but the stem is stiff enough for being rode.

So, you could buy these Chinese copy of P2 but don't expect to get the same quality of the Sandvik work… :roll:

I use branded safety related components wherever possible, can always ride safe and with confidence in my bike.

Latest posts

Back