Grab On - Lube n Glue

WD Pro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Can you still get Grab On 'Lube n Glue' ?

I remember it from fitting goad bike grips, I have some MTB grips and wonder if I could still get it and if not, what are the suitable alternatives ?

Maybe PVA ?

Cheers,

WD :D

'WD'40 :LOL:

Seriously; always preferred hairspray for years until someone on here said WD40...

...thought they were taking the p*ss until I tried it! Makes getting them off again easier too; just slip a long thin screwdriver under the grip, spray some more in the gap, work the screwdriver around the bar under the grip and simply slide off.

No more favourite grips turned into an inside out rubber doughnut! :LOL:

We_are_Stevo":7ym04fpw said:
'WD'40 :LOL:

Seriously; always preferred hairspray for years until someone on here said WD40...

...thought they were taking the p*ss until I tried it! Makes getting them off again easier too; just slip a long thin screwdriver under the grip, spray some more in the gap, work the screwdriver around the bar under the grip and simply slide off.

No more favourite grips turned into an inside out rubber doughnut! :LOL:

Yeah that would get the grips off but isnt the OP wanting them fixed to the bars? :?

Wd40 works though gt85 better imho. Hair spray also works but I've had issues with this melting the grips from the inside in the past so stick to gt85 these days.

RobMac":2fzwksna said:
Yous guys are telling me WD40 and GT85 will attach Grab on grips to handlebars?
Yup. Lubrication helps get them on and when it evaporates you have rubber/bar contact. Water works too but takes longer to evaporate.

I used Loctite 7070 (cleaner) to put a pair of Ourys on a bike I've just built up and it worked really well. I usually just use water but really struggle with Oury grips because they're sealed on the end and the water struggles to all evaporate. I already have the loctite in stock and read on the side of the can that it dries quickly and residue free so I thought I'd give it a go.

It's a bit expensive TBH but has other uses such as degreasing prior to applying decals which it does superbly. This is one of the better prices I've found for the stuff https://www.cromwell.co.uk/LOC7256006M

Thanks all for the input - keep it coming :D

@ RobMac - Yes, WD40 is good for putting rubber grips on (I have used it for years on the krayton rubber style grips), I think I have mentioned it ages ago on here :D

The only reason I asked about the grab on's is beacause they are foam and the only time I have fitted foam grips they came with the lube n glue :D

WD :D

I regularly use WD40 to fit Ritchey Trugrips; generally find that re-application is the only way to remove them without cutting!

Back