Gates ride aftermath

Here's one. Still can't believe how much of this went on. Currently sat on the sofa enjoying a beer. Thanks to LGF for organising it, and everyone that turned out to ride. Hard work, but really enjoyable.

Regards

Marge

Attachments

• PicsArt_1374350440091.jpg
    PicsArt_1374350440091.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,723
Looked like it was a good one, sorry i missed it but i realized last week that there would be no way i could do 30 or 40 miles as Phil77 will testify :?

You would have fitted in perfectly. Never before have such unfit people ridden so slowly for so long.

REKIBorter":21q2ba1k said:
You would have fitted in perfectly. Never before have such unfit people ridden so slowly for so long.
With me as the pacemaker on a 30 year old bike and with more lactic acid in my ancient legs than muscle, you would have had no problem. Not to mention my use of continuously variable tyre pressures and a bike that hasn't seen much maintenance in the last 20yrs.

It's a credit to the other riders that they always waited so that I didn't get left behind. Thanks for waiting folks! :cool: Especially REKIBorter for often riding with me whilst others went on ahead.

I have now ordered new legs, new inner-tubes and some extra "green vomit" puncture sealant from eBay :LOL: That should do the trick!

This is wot we did. 36.47 miles in 8hr 14mins with a riding time of 4hrs 9mins. Over 4hrs of chatting & faffing. Shameful :LOL:

Attachments

• gates.PNG
    gates.PNG
    169.7 KB · Views: 1,668
welcome to the Alconbury Gates self harm group!

Attachments

• self harm.jpg
    self harm.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,634
  • a bridge too far.jpg
    a bridge too far.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 1,634
  • are we there yet.jpg
    are we there yet.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,634
  • bikes bikes bikes.jpg
    bikes bikes bikes.jpg