Sir Chris Froome

The media have really been milking the Kenyan aspect.

"Though he was born in Kenya and schooled in South Africa, his grandparents were all British, as is his father, Clive, now a Johannesburg-based businessman."*

His mum was a first generation Kenyan immigrant from the UK. His dad was an Englishman.

Is he any less British than Bradley Wiggins, who was born in Belgium to an Englishwoman and an Australian? I would say it is about evens.

*(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/others ... ctory.html)

I think not at the moment. Prior to winning the TDF and the Olympic time trial Wiggo had already won multiple world and Olympic titles on the track. Froome has got to get near that yet.

cornholio's RC200":19kxcjqb said:
I think not at the moment. Prior to winning the TDF and the Olympic time trial Wiggo had already won multiple world and Olympic titles on the track. Froome has got to get near that yet.
This pretty much sums up why Wiggins got his title and Froome probably won't.

Froome has put in an awesome performance this year. A great tour and a worthy winner.
I've also been really impressed by Nairo Quintana and really glad he got the stage win, KOM and second overall in the GC today.

Does he hold British or Commonwealth citizenship? I know his British ancestry qualifies him to race as a 'British' rider, but that alone won't make him eligible for a gong. A quick Google search shows conflicting info on his legal citizenship status, and I don't know which to believe.

Don't think he should get one yet, but also don't think Randy Wigwam should have been given one. They hand them out like sweets now so it lessens the impact imo.

Mind you, Wiggins was not the first prominent cyclist to be Knighted.
article-2366576-16AA27E3000005DC-238_634x430.jpg

Not so sure I would want to be in that company.
Oh, and while we are here how about another one of Thatch The Snatch's buddies?
jeffrey-archer-s-novel-a-matter-of-honour-to-become-a-movie-66404-470-75.jpg

Can't we take his title from him?

Back