Word of warning - Colourtech

I might have been but the seat tube was at the top of the box and there was no sign of damage to the box or to the wrapping around it.

The only other thing that could have happened was that it was dropped prior to posting otherwise surely there would have been damage to the packaging?

Sad to hear of yet another victim of colourtech. I'm afraid I've been there, done that too, and had the same level of professional customer care (please read the sarcasm in the statement) you and many others seem to have experienced.

Long story short, I had to pay another company to right their wrongs as the guy didn't care that the job they had done was botched and a second attempt by them was an attempt to cover it up, not to mention the extra scratches, scrapes and paint (was a naked ti frame) it came back with. More details in the link below. I would advise everyone to steer clear if them if you care about what you send them, perhaps even if you don't. We can but hope posts like ours act as a warning to others so that they either up their game, or are forced out of it, sparing the same misery for others. Whether it is repair or repaint, they just can't seem to do anything right, nor care when they don't.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... Colourtech

I hope you manage to get it sorted!

Not sure if I mentioned in my last post, but when the frame was sent to them, it was over-protected in pipe lagging, stays braced etc. came back without any of that, just thrown in a box, rattling around. Had to chase and chase to get it back on both occasions they had the frame too. Quite simply useless all round, and yes, I'm holding back on what I really think about them just in case minors read the forum. I think we need emoticons for expletives that are a fair and just representation of Colourtech - perhaps a steaming turd.

Enigma on the flip side sorted out the issues Colourtech created, kept me in the loop all the way through and were very sympathetic to the situation and righted all the wrongs. Highly recommended based on my experience.

The top of the seat tube looks like its been damaged in transit, probably due to poor packaging.

I don't know about the chips though, unlikely to be done in transit, more likely that someone dropped it while wrapping it up.

Your heart must have missed a beat or too when you unwrapped it - that really is shoddy service, and I can't understand how this guy gets any business at all. :x

The question is, what should be done about him? - he clearly needs a short, sharp shock, but doing it via legal means would probably be better than a brick though the window. The local trading standards office might be a good start.

i think the top of your frame has been damaged by the person you delt with..bet he dropped it hard on the floor to do that mate you can see where its hit the ground mate on the top edge

did you say there was no damage to the packaging or box :roll:

Thats sad to see.

I have experience of Colortech's work & it was always generally very good, delays at times & the occasional mistake but always rectified. Doing one offs & dealing with so many customers & requests will inevitably be problematic but it would appear that after a few scenarios being spoke about on this forum alone, you can safely say Colouirtech should be avoided.

I spoke to Dave this morning and he was very disappointed with what's going on and is going to pick the frame up in a couple of days and fix all the problems.

I know I should have probably gone somewhere else but I want to give him a chance to rectify the mistakes and make the frame good again.

Lets see what happens...

minor_LEGEND":2gf7e2ao said:
Doing one offs & dealing with so many customers & requests will inevitably be problematic
But that is the nature of the business, and if they cannot cope with it, then they should not offer that service.

My Roberts took seven months to return and only six weeks of that was in Chas' workshop, the rest was waiting for it to come back from Colourtech, and I suspect I only got it back when I did as I kept hassling poor Brian at CR's.

I'm sure they have done a lot of fine work, and I'm sure they could again, but it seems to me the whole thing is just out of control and that they are accepting orders they really should turn away.

Giom6":387m1zz7 said:
I spoke to Dave this morning and he was very disappointed with what's going on and is going to pick the frame up in a couple of days and fix all the problems.

I know I should have probably gone somewhere else but I want to give him a chance to rectify the mistakes and make the frame good again.

Lets see what happens...
Dave is the guy who I dealt with and he had an awful attitude. When it came back to me for a second time, bodged and scratched even worse than the first time, he asked me and I quote "what do you want me to do about it?". My response was, and I quote "do the job i paid for properly and sort out the scratched and paint overspray now adorning my naked ti frame", he responded with, and again I quote "I can't cope with this" and promptly hung up. After many attempts at getting through with no answer, I had no choice but to seek someone competent at such a simple job (they were only replacing two bottle bosses remember). I was out of pocket for the job, two round trip couriers to Colourtech, as well as a third round trip to Enigma as well as paying Enigma to rectify the situation.

I've nothing but contempt for Colourtech, their 'skills' and customer service attitude. I did consider small claims court action at the time but didn't have the time or inclination to have any further dealings with them. I just hope no one else suffers at their incompetent hands, but I'm sure they will, so as/when opportunities like this arise, I shall seize it with both hands and vent my spleen so that when anyone googles Colourtech review, or Colourtech anything, posts like this will be served and act as a warning to anyone considering using them. I know De Ver cycles said they wouldn't be using them again (they were who I got the work done through), but whether they followed that through I can't say.

Please, please, please avoid Colourtech if you value your bike/frame and are looking for a quality job, as I doubt you will get one.

If OP, you do send your frame back to them like I did, don't hold your breath on getting it resolved. You might want to point them in the direction of this thread, and the recommend a pain sprayer one and show them how word of mouth, the best form if marketing there is, is now electronic and easy for anyone to find online.

I do hope you get your frame repaired, but once bitten, twice shy (although I'm twice bitten), I would personally seek someone else out to do the job right.

Consider my spleen vented.

Back