New safety light

having seen it for 1st time, a flaw i can see is if you have more than 1 bike in the area it will cause confusion.
people would be distracted by the lights, this would probably create bigger risks for cyclists than it prevents

What we need is something that makes cyclists look like this:

traffic-police-car-mark-hobbs.jpg

I'm fairly certain that would significantly improve motorists attitude and cut down on "sorry mate, I didn't see you" incidents. :D

Good idea, but unknowing motorists (whilst it picked up popularity) will just see a light on the floor and look down at it wondering what is that ? , while possibley turning in front of the bike they should be looking at instead.............now if they had a jacket with a big green LED bike on the front and back, great !.....i think focus should be on the actual thing your trying to avoid, otherwize it will mess with peoples percetion of distance, especially at night.

In 1980 the younger brother of one of my school mates was killed whilst on his paper round; he was riding a Raleigh Chopper with three EverReady rear lights on the 'sissy bar,' on either side and one on the top...

...a myopic car driver ran him down from behind!

In 1984 I was driving in to work when a Police motorcyclist passed me, blues & twos on full chat; 50 yards in front of me another myopic car driver pulled out of a side road on the nearside straight in front of him!

To this day I simply do not know how the Copper managed to swerve around him the way he did, let alone take his left hand of the bars and wave a finger at the driver whilst doing so! Awsome to behold!

Back