why is everyone against froome?

He let a little snippet out this week with regards to sleeping on a volcano for x amount of weeks before the tour started ;)

Alison are you his mum?

I don't see so much anti feeling.

And don't forget wiggos got 4 Olympic golds in the bag so is well deserving of his knighthood.

Froome moment will come, wiggo had 3 of those golds before 2012, and there was no wiggo mania then, it just people get there moment.

Cfs will come. Couple more tdf and he's a ledge.

highlandsflyer":3l9t64ym said:
Cool. Altitude training I suppose, not just hardening up for the saddle sores?

I think someone with a bald head worked out an athlete can sleep (with benefits) at altitude far longer than you can train at altitude ;)

I have nothing against Froome, but I do find when he is interviewed he (outwardly) seems to lack any real passion, I like hot-headed riders like Cavendish :LOL:

Nah not his mum, but deffo would be proud to be so :D It's just throughout the tour Boardman and that other guy have not let anything pass buy without criticism, he canny piss without them slagging him off, and he's riding for a British win :roll: to me he's just a guy that has trained shit hard to be where he is other wins or not and doesn't deserve the bad press he's getting in England just because he's not an Olympic gold medallist :roll: some people are one hit wonders and remain legends for decades due to this and we will love them for it for ever, I cannot imagine wiggo was thus chastised at his first gold win for Britain.

Alison

widowmaker":1iy8cbr8 said:
I have nothing against Froome, but I do find when he is interviewed he (outwardly) seems to lack any real passion, I like hot-headed riders like Cavendish :LOL:

I am naturally an aloof person, sorry but you don't have to cry and shake and shit yourself not to be passionate, to ride a few miles a day can make you passionate about riding, whether you scream from the rooftops or not, to ride and win the tour, not that he's done that yet, is passion beyond words to me. I'm sorry he does not fall apart before peoples knees, he's exceptionally passionate in my books.

Alison

I think a lot of folk simply think he's a nodder. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but his character is a bit dry and dull compared to Wiggins, and human nature does the rest.

Thing is Froome was crap 2 years ago, and suddenly became one of the best riders in the world, coming 2nd in the Vuelta in 2011. His "pedigree" comes from that point onwards. They say it's because he was ill before, and this is what he should have been doing.

Call me a cynic, I want him to be clean, along with Wiggo and the rest of team Sky, but I have my doubts. Maybe it's because of the similarities between Sky and US Postal. Both leaders and teams have dominated, both have the same answers to questions on doping, in the same way, both say the reason they are better than everyone else is from marginal gains etc.

For me, being outside the UK, it doesn't seem anyone is hating much on Froome, its more he's been 4odd minutes out front for ages, team sky is the big team and they will dominate and so we get to the 2nd week and there is pretty much nothing anyone can do but let him win as anything they try will only maybe knock seconds off, so it makes it a pretty boring race from that point.

Back