Team Sky's Defective Car

suburbanreuben":3354dunq said:
Within 30km of the finish, I think, they are not allowed to collect fodder and gargle from the team car; imagine the potential carnage.
There are neutral motorbikes handing out drinkies to those in need.

Okay - so the rule is to stop team cars from hanging near the front and clogging up the race? That's sensible on narrow alpine climbs; but if you have a domestique that is willing and able to go back to safe distance and schlepp up some bevs, then what's the harm?

Mind you, I don't think Porte had to go back far yesterday, so the car couldn't have been far away.

doctor-bond":2l26grpv said:
Mind you, I don't think Porte had to go back far yesterday, so the car couldn't have been far away.

It wasn't because they'd fixed the problem by then.

I can't see why its so unbelievable myself.

JamesM":313vloyx said:
doctor-bond":313vloyx said:

It wasn't because they'd fixed the problem by then.

I can't see why its so unbelievable myself.

Me too, I just, as in my thread, think it's just part of the antiFroome campaign

Alison

The story as I understood it was that the car had a problem much earlier in the stage, after the first ascent and before the second. This meant the riders could not load up as they normally would, before the second climb started.

As an aside, Team Sky have a Jaguar trained mechanic with them at all times JIC. :shock:

Back