the new project.....early san andreas

Chopper1192":1h49chxx said:
You're a braver man than me to put triple clamps on an aged alloy frame that was never designed for them.
they ain't staying on! my last san an had the dented tube when i got it, this one actually hasn't :D
they were just on my shed roof with a wheel attatched :LOL:

as for the period build......i don't do that, if you want to see a period build....get a catalogue ;)
my build is easy......take the bits off my other bikes and see what is best....stick it on the san an....and ride it! :D

i really want to start assembling it, but i got a gig in bedford today, and i need my other bike ridable for tomorrow! :cry:

just been out for the first ride, nice!!!! i had to put dia comp v on the rear, so i had to nick the rear wheel off the stumphopper........those bearings in the hub are shot then :shock:
sound sooooo loud reverberating through this frame! i feel a black/red theme coming on!
2013-06-03203755_zps6c978101.jpg

2013-06-03203809_zps355670bd.jpg

2013-06-03203819_zpscaee384d.jpg

what a lovely evening!! now enjoying the ruddles!! :cool:

the rear disc adapter is most needed now! get off the pc.....get in the shed.....and don't come out until you find one....then pm me :D

fatfixie":1qwoy6he said:
Very nice. I just picked one up myself- think about 95-97. Looking for ward to seeing the finished result :)

Andy
pics andy?
2 san an's in the same area......hmmmmmm :D

Very nice, I have just picked one of these beast up. I'm trying to find out what year it is and what parts it should have.

Totoro":1axldzp0 said:
Very nice, I have just picked one of these beast up. I'm trying to find out what year it is and what parts it should have.
yeah, bargain!! i see your thread :cool:
mine now has skinny slicks, ceramic hope bb and polished cranks. turned into my main bike and gets used every evening! :D
2013-07-19093316_zps27f47fa5.jpg

2013-07-19093327_zpsebe146ce.jpg

Looks good as a road bike, I've seen a few wearing slicks now.

I don't know if mine will be my main bike its still in the shop for a few days. I might keep it for off-road so I don't have to spend any money on it and put some slicks on my hard tail bike for the road.

Back