Retrobike National Series Rd 4: North York Moors ~ 21/07/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Retrobike National Series Rd 4: North York Moors ~ 21/07

From the south you pretty much ride past the pub. Just stop there. 100m behind you is the field.
Cropton is not very big.

Postcode would be the pub. New Inn.

Rich Aitch":12m5fqim said:
drystonepaul":12m5fqim said:
Really not sure what bike to bring with me.

In a change to the usual disarray, all of these are pretty much ready to ride. So the nominees are:

1991 GT Karakoram Elite - DX M650
1992 Saracen Traverse - XT M732/5
1992 Saracen Kili Racer - LX M550
1993 Univega Alpina - DX M650/1
1995 Marin Pine Mountain - XT M737
1996 Specialized Stumpjumper - LX M565
1997 GT Bravado - XT M737/9
1998 Saracen HardTrax - STX RC

Slim chance I could have one of these three ready as well:

1989 Saracen Tufftrax - Mountain LX
1991 Saracen Trekker Hydrotech - LX M550/Magura HS
1992 Dyna Tech Diablo - LX M550/Dia Compe

Anyone care to help me decide or especially wants me to bring anything...?

Karakorum Elite; because if my Avalanche frame arrives tommorrow and I find a top pull front shifter in time I hope to bring that. Ahh anticipation!

The frame is here, it's here! I'm building it up now and throwing parts at it to see what fits, so far it has a Record OR front shifter with a MAVIC shim and a Suntour black plastic rear one... with a bolt in rear axle. If anyone is planning to bring a 28.8[?]mm top pull shifter or a 29/30mm seat clamp to sell after the ride I will pay money for them. See you all tommorrow [Or Sunday morning].

right we're on the cricketclub field. portaloos have just bee delivered. this is a gate on the right heading from the south. are the 30mph sign before new inn.
it'd the opposite side to new inn and the campsite some off us have used before.
I'm infront of the club box at the otherside of the field to the gate.

beers good. weathers good.

FluffyChicken":1aj60dbz said:
right we're on the cricketclub field. portaloos have just bee delivered. this is a gate on the right heading from the south. are the 30mph sign before new inn.
it'd the opposite side to new inn and the campsite some off us have used before.

At the 30 sign, on the right from the South. Duly noted, hope you don't roast too much in your tent tonight, Ben! See you tommorrow lunchtime ish.

Looks like I will be bringing my 91 inferno Kara, been looking forward to this for a while and the weather's looking ideal too, see you all saturday evening,

Hoping to join you guys and ride up with Rob just got to find the right moment to broach it with SWIMBO be great to give the Altitude a ride up there

FluffyChicken":jefa1dcq said:

Thanks for posting Ben, I'll be there about 10:30 in the morning.

If anyone wants a contact number for tomorrow or Sunday drop me a Pm and I'll get back to you later.

cheers kaya

Beginning to think I should bring a Gt too now :)

chrisv40":yu03g37q said:
Beginning to think I should bring a Gt too now :)
You should Chris, I am. It's finished now after a long afternoon of TMS and bloodied hands. It doesn't creak either when I ride it :cool: .
By the way Geoff Boycott, Hallowed be His name, says it's going to be a bit cloudy tommorrow so shouldn't be too stifling for us all.

Attachments

• DSCF0158.JPG
    DSCF0158.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 716

Awww, I'm going to be even more gutted not to be bringing a GT, but it's not looking likely unless miracles happen tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back