Just seen a guy who looks like a hippo ....with tattoo's

Re: Just seen a guy who looks like a hippo ....

To be fair, no one has called anyone a fat git......and regards being overweight, some people have health problems in that regard, but growing up in the 70's it was the reverse of today, mainly thin people with the odd overweight person. So in my mind and i'm sure in the minds of many health professionals, there has been a huge increase in obesity due to diet. There are so many overweight people in this area, and it's not all depression and metabolism i'm sorry to say, it's bad diet, greed and the lack of exercise for a lot of people in my area. Honestly it's over 50 %.

shinobi":1699qkvv said:
Isaac_AG":1699qkvv said:
shinobi":1699qkvv said:
Thats me fecked then , im overweight and have tattoos , although im working on the weight and i dont inflict it on the world by not wearing a shirt , :(

Mm I don't hang out my flesh to anyone, mmm me in a bikini in summer errgg!! I've seen obese people in bikinis at the beach and it's not a pretty site :facepalm:

Alison
Its a shame people are not a bit less judgemental , its easy to look and just say fat git without any thought for why that might be ? food can be the same crutch as drugs or alchol or whatever to some people . sure thats not true for everyone but being overweight does not make me a bad person or less human than the next guy , im also not stupid, i get that when you put more in than you burn off you gain weight , in the same helpfull way people say " you have put on a few pounds " like i dont fecking know that every time i catch a glimpse of myself in shop window .
Im in my early 50s now and overweight but have been fit and a keen mountain biker as well as a fighter , competing in boxing , muay thai and MMA in my 20s and 30s , something i still coach now , coming back to bikes and watching my diet has helped me drop 2.5 stone in the past couple of months , its a small start and a long way to go but its a start .So please dont think overweight iautomatically means lazy, greedy ,weak human being , everyone is different .

A
Paul.

I didn't say anything about how stupid or lazy, greedy or weak fat people are, I'm considered obese I used to be a long distance runner and rode miles all over the place, was as fit as a fiddle and loving being exceptionally fit. then for the umpteenth time I got depressed and drank and ate pizza and got fat, very fat. I've lost 2.5 stone too in a few months. I was just pointing out that, although I admire the confidence, I think folds of fat falling over bikinis so they are almost invisible is not a pretty sight, you yourself say you'd never go without a t-shirt. I would love to even wear shorts and t-shirt as I've mentioned in another thread but cannot :(

Alison

Alison[/quote]
Its a shame people are not a bit less judgemental , its easy to look and just say fat git without any thought for why that might be ? food can be the same crutch as drugs or alchol or whatever to some people . sure thats not true for everyone but being overweight does not make me a bad person or less human than the next guy , im also not stupid, i get that when you put more in than you burn off you gain weight , in the same helpfull way people say " you have put on a few pounds " like i dont fecking know that every time i catch a glimpse of myself in shop window .
Im in my early 50s now and overweight but have been fit and a keen mountain biker as well as a fighter , competing in boxing , muay thai and MMA in my 20s and 30s , something i still coach now , coming back to bikes and watching my diet has helped me drop 2.5 stone in the past couple of months , its a small start and a long way to go but its a start .So please dont think overweight iautomatically means lazy, greedy ,weak human being , everyone is different .

A
Paul.[/quote]

I didn't say anything about how stupid or lazy, greedy or weak fat people are, I'm considered obese I used to be a long distance runner and rode miles all over the place, was as fit as a fiddle and loving being exceptionally fit. then for the umpteenth time I got depressed and drank and ate pizza and got fat, very fat. I've lost 2.5 stone too in a few months. I was just pointing out that, although I admire the confidence, I think folds of fat falling over bikinis so they are almost invisible is not a pretty sight, you yourself say you'd never go without a t-shirt. I would love to even wear shorts and t-shirt as I've mentioned in another thread but cannot :(

Alison[/quote]I was not getting at you in any way at all and im sorry if thats how it came across , i have read some of your past problems and admire your openess and your tenacity in fighting your demons , 2.5 stone each we both deserve a pat on the back :D mind you i fancy pizza now lol ! i was trying to point out that its easy to jump to conclusions just from looking at someone that the world might be a bit better with a bit more understanding :D

greenstiles":3clnc5o3 said:
To be fair, no one has called anyone a fat git......and regards being overweight, some people have health problems in that regard, but growing up in the 70's it was the reverse of today, mainly thin people with the odd overweight person. So in my mind and i'm sure in the minds of many health professionals, there has been a huge increase in obesity due to diet. There are so many overweight people in this area, and it's not all depression and metabolism i'm sorry to say, it's bad diet, greed and the lack of exercise for a lot of people in my area. Honestly it's over 50 %.
The phrase fat git has turned up on this thread and calling someone a hippo is pretty close lol !
I agree with a lot of what you say and its easy to blame anyone or anything but yourself for your failings but i just wanted to point out that not everyone who is overweight is always that way for the same reasons :)
Paul.

Neil":169s5xuw said:
I don't think he's bothered about popularity
I'll certainly never change my thoughts or posting style to bum chum up to people I don't know on the internet. Or meet in real life come to that.

Popularity (I'd rather respect tbh) imo isn't gained by being a lickspittle. Having faith in your convictions and the confidence to air them is infinitely preferable to me.

I lolled when a poster here used his mod status to 'prove' his credentials/trustworthiness (I can't remember the details), by which I was clearly supposed to rethink my position. You're an unpaid lackey moderator on a niche internet forum mucker. It's not a knighthood.

Without starting an essay it's so obvious that the average age here is significantly higher than other forums I've used. Which means a maturity(?) of discussion I'm not used to. That's not bad or good, just different. But I'll not be changing to suit.

And back to tattoos if anyone in Scotland needs one removed I can recommend an expert. (A client, not through experience). It's a growing market. Wonder why?

The History Man":h0y2ca58 said:
Something to show the grandchildren.

If that isn't just good facepainting, he ain't never going to get a job front of house :D

(forgive the double negative :D )

Alison

At least i can just roll my sleeves down to hide mine ! I bet he cant wait for halloween and the trick or treaters :D

Latest posts

Back