Black Country Steel

NeilM":1xhug44t said:
raidan73":1xhug44t said:
Ah, well in that case nice job :D

No it's not, it's all covered in nasty bits of pur.......... GAAHHHHH!
I was never into purple BITD and until recently I'd barely even owned anything purple.

Then one day I went to a LBS that had recently acquired new owners who were sorting through all the old stock.

This is what I came out with, I can't even explain it, I blame this place :twisted: .

Attachments

• Purple.JPG
    Purple.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 362
poweredbypies":26dziml1 said:
Is it the zinns turn next?

I've just won an appeal for planning permission to extend the house Paddy. Bikes might have to take a back seat very soon if I can get a builder sorted.

Ahhhh more bike storage :) oh when its a bit cooler fancy giving that new trail round sandwell valley a go? We will go for a ride at some point.

Looks really lovely mate - purple suits it to a T. Nice to see some of the better output of the Black Country for a change :)

Just wanted to add actually (had an afternoon of contemplation) I'm massively impressed by the bike you ended up with! TBH looking at the frame at the start, and having never heard of Orbit, I really didn't think it would end up looking so good. Really lovely bike. :)

petitpal":1u9wr64r said:
Just wanted to add actually (had an afternoon of contemplation) I'm massively impressed by the bike you ended up with! TBH looking at the frame at the start, and having never heard of Orbit, I really didn't think it would end up looking so good. Really lovely bike. :)

Thanks Paul, the purple swung it for you didn't it? ;)

Can't believe that you've not heard of Orbit, made just up the road from where we grew up in Peartree Lane, Dudley. Apart from being a bloomin' lovely frame, that's a big part of the reason that I was after one.

Any chance we'll get to see it on one of the West Mids rides?

You bring the Orbit and I'll bring the Caygill, which I finished this afternoon, but have not yet photographed because it's twenty zillion degrees down her at present. :oops:

NeilM":1qir0mb6 said:
Any chance we'll get to see it on one of the West Mids rides?

If one of the rides falls on a Saturday and I can get my parents to look after the kids then I'll probably be there. A lot of the West Mids rides seem to be on a Sunday which happens to be our only day as a family together, I simply won't ride Sundays. Not criticising the West Midlands organisers because you have to plan around the regular riders, not just some bloke who might turn up occasionally.

Back