Team Sky's Defective Car

TGR

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Morning all,

Does anyone else share my doubts that Team Sky had a car problem at the bottom of the second climb of Alpe D'Huez? Mr Froome did not sound too convincing in his interview and seemed to either have been fed his lines or reading them on a board behind the interviewer.

Anyways, well done to Mr Brailsford for the reasonable, but unlikely, excuse - i think he might expect a call from Skoda who are currently advertising that their cars are so reliable that they have never had a breakdown in the past number of years that they have been supplying the Tour cars. It is incredible that the one issue affects Mr Froome in his yellow jersey on, arguably, the most important stage in this year's TdF - who would have guessed that?

This appeals to my sense of humour!!!! Twisted? LOL

Anyways - good luck to Mr Froome - incredible job, so far.

Richard

I too suspect it's a tall tale: if not, it's a poor ad for Jaguar.

The fine/penalty was paltry and if thems the rules, Froome should have been given a bigger spank. That said, why are the UCI so draconian on taking on water near the end? - I don't understand the rule.

I was debating with hubby whether it was food and liquid from a certain point or just food, I said surly at any stage in the race you cannot deprive a rider of water :shock: my husband say's he thinks after a certain point they are not allowed to obtain from the cars either food or water but can utilise what water but not food available on their bikes.

So what is the rule exactly?

Alison

Within 30km of the finish, I think, they are not allowed to collect fodder and gargle from the team car; imagine the potential carnage.
There are neutral motorbikes handing out drinkies to those in need.

suburbanreuben":12oe4aey said:
Within 30km of the finish, I think, they are not allowed to collect fodder and gargle from the team car; imagine the potential carnage.
There are neutral motorbikes handing out drinkies to those in need.

Is there any limit to them?

Alison

Following today's stage, i think the rules can be altered by the commissionaires although there was plenty of water later in the stage!! (apologies to those who have not seen it yet).

Richard

doctor-bond":2rewl4wn said:
I too suspect it's a tall tale: if not, it's a poor ad for Jaguar.

Do we know what the supposed mechanical was? Any car can get a puncture!!!

Would you not agree that the timing was somewhat convenient or unlucky, depending on your point of view.

Richard

Back