Dave Lloyd 753 ???

ringo":2clb2l4w said:
Calm down chaps - we don't want to reunite him with it! He probably let it get into the sorry state it's currently in! :D

I bet 'we' don't ! :LOL:

ringo":ulu6rprs said:
Calm down chaps - we don't want to reunite him with it! He probably let it get into the sorry state it's currently in! :D
this one is staying in the retro fold :D and never to see the light of evil bay or the man who neglected it, ;)

Great news... for my two pennarth... there's nothing like sending off a tired frame to a firm like Argos and then being like a kid on Christmas morning when it comes back like new!

ringo":96g06pmb said:
Great news... for my two pennarth... there's nothing like sending off a tired frame to a firm like Argos and then being like a kid on Christmas morning when it comes back like new!

Completely agree. You definitely don't get that feeling when its been at Colour Tech :? :x

It's even better when you see the framebuilder brazing on the new bits and you then get to pick it up in person.

Sorry, smug ' I live close to Argos' post.

Mind you, when I opened the box with my DB in, that was a :shock: moment.

Look forward to the build thread on this bike..... whoever it belongs to.

Looks like you've got a Mavic bottom bracket there as well as the headset.
A bit mashed around the lock-rings alas, but has replaceable bearings and mounts without using the b/b threads.
The cartridge bearings are an odd size if I recall - mix of metric and imperial.
It might be a worth while punt onto ebay for folk wanting to savea frame with wrecked b/b threads.

Piers":ky3mxk9n said:
A bit mashed around the lock-rings alas, but has replaceable bearings and mounts without using the b/b threads.
The cartridge bearings are an odd size if I recall - mix of metric and imperial.
It might be a worth while punt onto ebay for folk wanting to savea frame with wrecked b/b threads.
just a shame that someone as had a go at both with wot looks like stilsons so they are fubar :facepalm:

painter09":30s22luo said:
Piers":30s22luo said:
just a shame that someone as had a go at both with wot looks like stilsons so they are fubar :facepalm:

If it is salvageable then I'd be interested as I have a frame with aforementioned problematic bb threads - that's assuming the threads in your Lloyd are good.

It looks like there is sufficient left for a reasonable spanner to engage in the notches - they are quite deep. I wonder what the holes for the peg spanner are like?

Ordinary b/bs can be refitted in Mavic'ed frames.

Back