Got knocked off my bike today - reporting to police ?

highlandsflyer":2qrdyo9n said:
I would be looking for £10,000 out of this at least.

Really hope that's a joke. I'm sick of ambulance chasers. A friend at work had a shunt in his car at about 10 MPH, and was awarded £2.5k for injuries. By his own admission, he had none, but " they promised me £2.5k."!!!

Gravy Monster, glad to hear you're okay.

Hah! He'll be lucky!

Plod wrote off our car during a pursuit in a built up area seconds after SWMBO had just parked and walked away; tw*t nearly killed himself, was prosecuted and convicted, got the elbow because it wasn't the first time he'd done something like that, but all we got was the insurance payout for the car. Nothing for the destroyed contents (including a bag of wrapped Christmas presents strewn 50 yards across three gardens!) because we didn't have receipts! Had to fight to get them to fork out for the hire car because it took so long for them to admit liability (not until he was convicted :roll: ).

Another one in an unmarked car killed a female driver at a roundabout a couple of miles away in similar circumstances; prosecuted and acquitted. NO compensation for the family!

Broken helmet and transient discomfort... earned me £300 when a Skoda driver (and coincidentally a friend of my ex wife!) Scooped me off a few years ago. Side of my neck was sore, but was fine the next day and I wasn't going to lie about it - 6 or 8 months in Chokey ain't worth a thousand pounds or so.

If its a visible mark, or pain that lasts beyond the day of the incident then it would be considered an injury and he'd be potentially in line for more.

I must point out as plod myself that over 24 years member of the public have written off 4 police cars I'd been driving, but I don't waste time flapping my gums over it. A chump is a chum is a chump, and being a milkman, policeman, arms dealer or nun won't change it.

The History Man":19uly6fk said:
I though it was beating up vagrants!
That was reasonable and proportionate - he was a villain with no lights on his bike. The fact he was 88 years old an on his way home from church doesn't make him any less dangerous to the public! ;)

Back