Retrobike National Series Rd 4: North York Moors ~ 21/07/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Retrobike National Series Rd 4: North York Moors ~ 21/07

I'd say the Marin also. I'll be on my 1988 Rockhopper :) I was thinking of bringing the Nishiki Ariel but once again.... meh... the Rockhopper wins.....

It...it ...........IS this weekend isn't it ?

Yup, Sunday. Looking forward to the dry and dusty moors.

I've already ridden the Marin at the Long Mynd this year so I'm perhaps drawn to something else...
The Dyna Tech does require a fair amount of work to get ready. Not sure if I have enough time.

1992 Saracen Kili Racer - LX M550

This gets my vote :cool:

Ps
Anyone on the weekender please tell the pub staff that your with the Retrobike group when you arrive,
as we're in the field opposite the pub

Trebz you up for the Saturday ride and camping still ?

drystonepaul":fxz4hc3t said:
Really not sure what bike to bring with me.

In a change to the usual disarray, all of these are pretty much ready to ride. So the nominees are:

1991 GT Karakoram Elite - DX M650
1992 Saracen Traverse - XT M732/5
1992 Saracen Kili Racer - LX M550
1993 Univega Alpina - DX M650/1
1995 Marin Pine Mountain - XT M737
1996 Specialized Stumpjumper - LX M565
1997 GT Bravado - XT M737/9
1998 Saracen HardTrax - STX RC

Slim chance I could have one of these three ready as well:

1989 Saracen Tufftrax - Mountain LX
1991 Saracen Trekker Hydrotech - LX M550/Magura HS
1992 Dyna Tech Diablo - LX M550/Dia Compe

Anyone care to help me decide or especially wants me to bring anything...?

Karakorum Elite; because if my Avalanche frame arrives tommorrow and I find a top pull front shifter in time I hope to bring that. Ahh anticipation!

FluffyChicken":622blc57 said:
Trebz you up for the Saturday ride and camping still ?

100% Ben, I'm setting off from Doncaster as early as I can on Saturday morning. Planning to arrive around lunchtime at the Cropton camp site. I'll be bringing some chicken for the BBQ, hoping to throw it on SLM's 'Man Fire' when it get's going. I'll be cooking myself a stew in my touring kit stove but should be able to fit some hot chicken wings in somewhere hehe.

I had planned to make this a three day adventure for me on a solo mini tour. Riding from Doncaster to York on Friday with an overnight camp then ride the rest of the way on Saturday morning, arriving late afternoon.

Plans have changed however so 'll be driving up there on Saturday morning.

Ben, can you PM me your mobile number just in case I can't find you when I get to Cropton.

(Update, I may be able to make it for Friday night to camp out.....)
:)

It's confirmed, I'll be driving up there late this afternoon (Friday). Camping over night Friday and Saturday.

Is everyone staying in the came camp site in Cropton?

Should I call and book ahead of my arrival?

I'm driving up Saturday morning. Should be there about 12ish.

Contemplated doing the Gates ride en route and arriving Sat evening, but have decided the potential for cockup is too great.

Is the post code YO18 8HH accurate for the pub/campsite? Or is it one of those places where you end up down an unnamed road a mile from your destination and drive round in circles looking for someone else with an old bike strapped to the roof?

I'd be grateful if I could have a mobile number for hopefully unnecessary 'I'm lost phone call.".

Thanks
Matthew

Twister":1tizzu4y said:
I'd be grateful if I could have a mobile number for hopefully unnecessary 'I'm lost phone call.".

Thanks
Matthew

I'm in the same boat. Never been before but will pass on my mobile number in case I can help.

PM sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back