When you are cycling...

battyfreezer

Retro Newbie
If it's a long race, do you listen to music or podcasts?

If not listening to stuff, what kind trains of thought come up..
...tactics?
...a meditative zone type of thing?
...monitoring the body/bike/race?
...etc..?

only time I have headphones in is when riding on the old trails, purely because they are so quiet you're more likely to see an elephant than another human being :LOL: . if still on a trail but with the possibility of other people, I have it quiet and only one headphone in. But if riding near traffic then the mp3 goes in my rucksack and stays there.

but I always listen to my own playlist, I have different playlists depending on my mood. I always try to avoid aggressive music though.

never listen to music when riding. They are not compatible for me. I think about what I'm doing, nothing else. Line and how to ride it

i find a mix of the prodigy, dj tiesto, and a mixture of 90's hardcore rave really helps my daily commute to work.

legrandefromage":uh3zu2nb said:
Ozric Tentacles,

Also excellent kite flying music.

I only wear headphones in the comfort of my own home.

When I'm road riding, I'm listening to the traffic mainly and just think about where I am going, my line, my cadence etc.

When I'm riding off road, I am just looking at and reacting to the trail.

When riding I never listen to music, too distracting, only when walking but tend to pause it when crossing busy roads as again too distracting, it's not like radios in cars where you can still hear everything else earphones just take over everything.

As to thinking, it's my next shipping list, cake, coffee, what the children are up to, what am I doing for dinner, oh a wealth of mindless thoughts wander through my puny mind :oops:

Alison

Back