1991 Specialized Stumpjumper Epic Ultimate **Sale Pending**

rumpfy

BoTY Winner
Hey all -
Lookin' to move my 91 Epic Ultimate (Merlin Ti Lugs). The long and short of it. I bought the bike as you see it. Previous owner bought it from an estate sale.
The catalog lists this bike as a full XC Pro build and this one has the full M900 XTR spread which we know didn't come out until 1992. I have no reason to believe that this isn't the original build to the bike, though I can only guess how it ended up this way. Might have been a left over frame or late frame with this particular decal set up that got the M900 when it came out. Or the shop that had it swapped out to the M900 XTR when it came out to sell the bike. I'd say any wear and tear is storage patina and not ride patina. Even the GC Umma Gumma tires are excellent. Most worn part are the thin factory Specialized grips.
I've put a total of three rides on it since I've had it. Selling to help me finish up some other projects.

Lots of very large (3088 x 2056) photos to sift through to get an idea of condition.
Full photo shoot here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rumpfy/set ... 772782351/

Specs:
Frame: 1991 Specialized Stumpjumper Epic Ultimate (Merlin Ti Lugs)
Fork: Specialized Direct Drive
Rims: Specialized
Hubs: Shimano M900 XTR
Quick Release: Shimano M900 XTR
Tires: Specialized Ground Control S Umma Gumma
Pedals: Shimano M737
Crank: Shimano M900 XTR
Chain: Shimano
Rear Cogs: Shimano M900 XTR
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN90
Front Derailleur: Shimano M900 XTR
Rear Derailleur: Shimano M900 XTR
Shifters: Shimano M900 XTR
Handlebars: Specialized
Grips: Specialized
Stem: Specialized
Headset: Specialized
Brake set: Shimano M900 XTR
Brake levers: Shimano M900 XTR
Saddle: Specialized (WTB Designed)
Seat Post: Specialized
Paint: Black/Carbon
Size: 19"

Asking price: $4000 USD but may consider offers depending on interest level. I know its a big number, but I've seen fewer of these than any other 'Ultimate'. I've never seen a 1990 and by 1992, they were the S-Works Ultimate. Lots of Ned Overend 'Final Editions' have surfaced over the years. But this 91 model is when it was still called a Stumpjumper Epic and this particular decal work is absolutely stealth. No mention of Ultimate or anything to indicate these are Merlin Ti lugs hiding under there. You can tell by the rear drop outs (and a magnet test I suppose). Rare amongst all Specialized bikes, let alone in this condition. Turn key, needs nothing.

I'll cover shipping within the USA, UK and other International friends, I'll split the actual shipping costs with you, but I will require FedEx tracked and insured.

8724219149_4a8bc4b9ce_h.jpg

Re: 1991 Specialized Stumpjumper Epic Ultimate (Merlin Ti Lu

I'll swap you it for a 240 box of English tea bags and a large stick of Southsea Rock!?

davemev":2jthtm6f said:
I'll swap you it for a 240 box of English tea bags and a large stick of Southsea Rock!?

That's a better offer than a Zaskar for a swap anyway

I would immediately swap my Yo against this beauty.....

I got this silver and black bike with green decals but the problem is it has a strange, small diameter BB shell - so you probably wouldn't want to swap for it.

Ahh, just forget I said anything ... ;)

Rare bike at a great price. Somebody should the trigger.

davemev":1plxgvzb said:

Are they anything like American tea bags? :shock:

CCMDoc":2hjexfpl said:
I got this silver and black bike with green decals but the problem is it has a strange, small diameter BB shell - so you probably wouldn't want to swap for it.

Ahh, just forget I said anything ... ;)

Deal, too late, no backing out. ;)

Back