Double 'Score' 2 x 1987 Cannondale SM500 20 & 18"

no... I think that qualifies as a "score"...they both look in great condition. That dale computer and the velcro bottles are fantastic ...pure retro! :D

guys thanks for the comments
@saulus - I agree, that's how I justified buying them, I said to myself when will I get the chance again, but it was good to hear it from someone else as I can always make my little voice justify things, example below:

Me 'I need a new car'
Little voice 'Then you'll need at least 500BHP, otherwise how will you overtake people?'
Me 'hhhhm, yeah, that's true'

Brilliant! Harold and Hilda... Love it. Have you put them in the gallery on Vinatage Cannondale yet? I think you should, they're lovely but it would be a shame to split them.

Interesting that the cable guides have been welding on whereas mine are rivited and there's only 3 months between them (March vs. June).

Attachments

• hilda.jpg
    hilda.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 756
Wow !
Finding one 1987 c'dale in this shape is difficult but two ! :shock:
I love this artistic and original painting on them. How lucky you are for the computer and bottles… :D

Swede":1q0at77u said:
Brilliant! Harold and Hilda... Love it. Have you put them in the gallery on Vinatage Cannondale yet? I think you should, they're lovely but it would be a shame to split them.

Interesting that the cable guides have been welding on whereas mine are rivited and there's only 3 months between them (March vs. June).
LOL fantastic :LOL:

24pouces":35vrmjzo said:
Wow !
Finding one 1987 c'dale in this shape is difficult but two ! :shock:
I love this artistic and original painting on them. How lucky you are for the computer and bottles… :D

Thanks, I was looking for so long for Cannondales (sms from 87) that had the custom graphics.

Re:

I see you're having to sell these. Must be quite a wrench, given the effort you made to get them?

Re: Re:

Swede":1kw79idn said:
I see you're having to sell these. Must be quite a wrench, given the effort you made to get them?

Yeah Swede, was lot's of hassle and now will be hassle to sell them, I moved house and I just don't have the room. So grab yourselves a bargain £850 (if picked up) for both offer only to retrobike forum users.

Back