Sunns up north; bikes, parts & projects :]

biocandy":2rbv19tc said:
Hey.. my other status wife has a 99 cross.. know it's 26.? something.. can check tomorrow.. most 97, 98 and 99 sunns have 27.2mm seat posts though

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but biocandy if you could would save me a lot of aggro.

poweredbypies":15x1lpbg said:
Lovely bit of kit that, quick sunn related question. I have a sunn cross un frame on the way a 1999 anyone know what size post they take? I know its not in the same class as this beaut but mine only cost 20 quid :)

Its 26.4mm :)

It's a great ride.. a really wonderful experience when I go off road.. I'm just a bit unfair and compare it with my weight weenie rigid ss with slicks, which of course is much faster on smooth trails :p for rough cross country I would choose this full suspension exact ti, for kinder longer distances I would go all rigid at least

Thanks.. trophy wife/bike was the word I was looking for :mrgreen:

peace

biocandy

Yes I am pretty sure mine is the only sunn exact ti 000/morati hc1.3 in NZ. When I got mine the importer said he got three (mine and 2 going to Australia). There are a few road morati frames here but I've only ever seen 3 of them.

Sunn's are also pretty rare not many here I've seen 3 road and 10 mtb (including my own 3 frames)

Now I also have my ritchey p650b 19" frame (only 6; 2 of each in 15/17/19" sizes which came into NZ and the importer still has 4 left) which makes it a pretty rare bike.

:D

I still have the khs frame which I will keep.

build this for my baby brother

9693719157_9298683689_b.jpg

There are some classy bikes up north ! Can I be a surrogate brother ? I am house-trained :LOL: Where can you get coloured gripshift ? I used to wonder about forks with so little travel 'til a got a bike with Quadras on it that have about 40mm usable travel . Now I get it . Keep up the good work , Mike

Just came across 10 new Sunn catalogues from 1998.. looking good :) but why doesn't my flex look like that..?

sunn_l10.jpg

sunn_f11.jpg

Re:

Dare I ask where you found them?

Would be interesting to see the oe spec of my Revolt, can you scan the brochures?

Mike

Back