Serotta T-Max 1992

Killer build Bigego. Much better than mine. My build was composed from original Vertex parts (cult parts importer) and terribly cheap sh*t to make a complete bike of it for sale. Most of those parts immediately went when I got my hands on it. Some stayed due to lack of time, funds etcetera. Was still enough the win the BOTM :) Yes, it is a former BOTM winner.

When you dive into dirt with it I recommend using shockboots with the Judys. Judys wear quick without. I hope you will be able to source a 26.8 Ti Syncros post soon.

Of course i studied the "history" of this frame ;) The first photos (beside the ones from Sith) were yours in the german IBC forum (www.mtb-news.de) in the Serotta gallery :)

And these pics convinced (the last tiny jolt, don't know if it's the right word) me to buy the frameset!

Link to the gallery

I have to make pics that are as good as yours, mine are WAY too bright!

Shockboots: I only ride it when it's dry outside and i clean it after everytime, so it will be ok... Maybe i install some Reset Blue Seals on it, which are currently fitted onto a Judy XC from '98. But thanks for the hint! ;)

Ah, and one word to the build itself: Beside the Paul Stoplights an Love-Levers there are quite "normal", common parts. The composition does it! I had the luck to have most of it in the shed. My Dad rides since '92 and never sold anything ;) I started '95 and didn't have the money to buy all these lovely parts and frames... Think that's the reason why i still adore all this old stuff, just to catch it up! :)

It is now 16 years later and I still own this frame, however spent the last weeks fiddling and rebuilding it. Thought to give an update and share it here :)
Cheers!

2783936-j2taek0mu76u-img_20240218_1357452-large.jpg

2783770-6hhgto8rs54s-img_20240217_1224432-large.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back