Dave Lloyd 753 ???

Lovely.

A rare beast indeed these days, especially with a Reynolds 753 A.T.B tubeset, at earliest it will be a 90 fabrication, but your frame number will confirm.

Certainly worth spending your time and money on it. (and don't be afraid to spend whats needed to do it right. Its not everyday a 753 A.T.B variant comes along.

Heres the closest comparison you will find on this site, (from a tubing perspective). BOTM winner, 3rd in BOTY Reynolds 753, the winning bike was a Zinn Z-753 also with the A.T.B tubeset.

A Rare bike my friend, in the right size, and Dave Lloyds attempt at competing for market share against, the likes of Chas Roberts with the D.O.G.S B.O.L.O.X, and Dave Yates with D.O.N.K.I.S N.O.B.

Heres a link with as much detail and history, and what can be achieved if choose to make the Journey.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=119627

The Model displayed below is the aptly named "Chaos Theory", predating the C.A.T.S W.H.I.S.K.A.S by 12 months or so, and using a Road Reynolds 753 tubeset, before the availability of the Dedicated 753 A.T.B tubeset that was introduced by Reynolds for the Mountain bike Market.

For sum my friend what you have may well be regarded as a Unicorn by many, especially given the tubeset.

Attachments

• Dave Lloyd-0037.JPG
    Dave Lloyd-0037.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 687
  • Dave Lloyd-0014.JPG
    Dave Lloyd-0014.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 688
  • Dave Lloyd-0019.JPG
    Dave Lloyd-0019.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 688
  • Dave Lloyd-0022.JPG
    Dave Lloyd-0022.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 688
  • Dave Lloyd-0041.JPG
    Dave Lloyd-0041.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 687
  • Dave Lloyd-0038.JPG
    Dave Lloyd-0038.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 687
Carl, that has got to be one of my favourite bikes – its gorgeous. The amount of love and effort you put into that bike is unbelievable.

If another Lloyds can be saved and brought back to life it'll be great :D

Sinnerman words were hard to find when i saw your build whilst browsing last night and am in total awe at the love you have shown the build not least the time and patience given to building wot can only be decribed as a piece of art, in fact it was your bike that and another shown on your thread that gave me piece of mind over the internal cable route shown on my frame,, odball to me as ive only seen this on kleins and isnt something im familiar with. ive got the frame number as best as i can tell through the thicknes of the paint it reads LL 90108 ? not sure if thats any help ?

Giom6":5od5lcl3 said:
Carl, that has got to be one of my favourite bikes – its gorgeous. The amount of love and effort you put into that bike is unbelievable.

If another Lloyds can be saved and brought back to life it'll be great :D

Cheers G, For Dave Lloyds sake alone, it would have been nice for it to have pipped the Zinn Z-753 to the post to take BOTY, but in terms of BOTY.... 2011 was a good year for BRITISH STEEL, regardless. :cool:

And I agree completely, I hope every effort is made to restore this, its too rare not too with this tubing. How many other bike brands are here fabricated with this tubeset...?

Attachments

• race_number_n87_148.jpg
    race_number_n87_148.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 656
  • zinn%20v%20lloyd.JPG
    zinn%20v%20lloyd.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 656
painter09":a9m2q6r6 said:
Sinnerman words were hard to find when i saw your build whilst browsing last night and am in total awe at the love you have shown the build not least the time and patience given to building wot can only be decribed as a piece of art, in fact it was your bike that and another shown on your thread that gave me piece of mind over the internal cable route shown on my frame,, odball to me as ive only seen this on kleins and isnt something im familiar with. ive got the frame number as best as i can tell through the thicknes of the paint it reads LL 90108 ? not sure if thats any help ?

Thanks Painter, but SERIOUSLY, you can do this, SAVE IT, thankfully lots of people of late have taken up the mantle with old british steel, and have started to realise as a country of renowned quality frame builders we were doing our bit too, and all this stuff is here, we don't have to wait for that semi-mass produced handbuilt American bike to arrive from the states and pay custom charges and inflated prices etc etc.

There are plenty of examples, Neil has been "RAPIDLY" making his contribution with his Roberts/Lloyd/Yates etc, Adrian had a go at the Formula, and has a few sexy projects on the go with the Swallow and his D.O.N.K.I.S N.O.B, Gio has sum very sexy secret projects on the down low too, not to mention many other fellas here that rarely post.

Im Buzzing over it all, at last People have started to pay sum attention and give these Quality frame builders "on our Doorstep" and they are getting some much needed recognition".... :cool:

You have a Handbuilt 753A.T.B frameset that is worth repairing and refinishing, how you build it it up to you, but you have the fundamental basics already, frame, fork, headset chainset.

I cant encourage you enough.... :cool:

Zinn Z-753 A.T.B

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=156265

Attachments

• high.JPG
    high.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 647
  • Aces.JPG
    Aces.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 647
painter09":3vvpm8t0 said:
some fantastic replies and infomation supplied by you guys above and realy apreciated :D the british steel thread is an eye opener with some fantastic looking rides making this bike want to hide its head in shame :roll: but i do remember the story of the uggly duckling and how that ended :D :D ive just had a look at the frame and the numbers do indeed start LL :D wot a fantastic way to start the day, :D

I bet you're a bit blown away by all the interest and comments in this thread? I honestly thought that your OP was tongue in cheek and that you new exactly what you had managed to get your hands on :LOL:

raidan73":xg1s0kh5 said:
painter09":xg1s0kh5 said:
some fantastic replies and infomation supplied by you guys above and realy apreciated :D the british steel thread is an eye opener with some fantastic looking rides making this bike want to hide its head in shame :roll: but i do remember the story of the uggly duckling and how that ended :D :D ive just had a look at the frame and the numbers do indeed start LL :D wot a fantastic way to start the day, :D

I bet you're a bit blown away by all the interest and comments in this thread? I honestly thought that your OP was tongue in cheek and that you new exactly what you had managed to get your hands on :LOL:

:oops: My fault, far too excited to see, and wasn't expected....

sinnerman":2iza8s90 said:
raidan73":2iza8s90 said:
painter09":2iza8s90 said:

:oops: My fault, far too excited to see, and wasn't expected....

Enthusiasm and passion are good :D

It just must've been a bit of a shock thinking that it was just some old frame that someone might or might now know something about and then realising what it actually was.

raidan73":2e8crb7b said:
painter09":2e8crb7b said:

blown away isnt the word :shock: i didnt have a clue as to the impact of posting this up for comments, and i didnt have a clue as to who Dave Lloyd was or the bikes he built, this part will blow you away though :shock: this bike came via a freind who is also a member on here and picked this bike up on sunday at a car boot for the sum of £26 with the intensions of passing this on to me as he knew the crank set was on my wanted list and asking a very nice return of £90 for his troubles :shock: i walked away without a second glance, last night we did a deal for the £70 and im so glad i did :cool: :D :D :D im going to lend him my rigger boots for when he reads this thread as he is realy going to want to kick himself :LOL: :LOL:

:shock:

Who ever sold it is going to be gutted... :?

I wish I had that sort of luck I tell ya :)

Back