1996 GT LTS **Update 11/8**

cherrybomb":daaipt3p said:
Good work. ;) :cool:

She's looking very cool.

Thanks Cherry ;)

I'm going to get the set up done tonight and put some pics up in the morning.

Just now trying to decide on bar-ends or not? :? Got some nice alloy ones that match the bar/stem combo, but will it spoil the hardcore XC look?

mattbrown":2jb64h4e said:
Will you be putting decals on the forks

Just brought these off the 'bay :cool:

The stickers are period correct for the forks, and the GT decals are the same colour scheme as the originals. Pleasing, as I managed to save the original seattube decal, so these will match.

849e_1.JPG

2e3f_1_b.JPG

mattbrown":28lmyx7s said:
it will look, once stickered up

Fingers crossed it'll look alright! ;)

Stroke of luck with the GT decals....I'd only done an ebay search for Manitou decals but decided to look in the sellers ebay shop; result! :cool:

The black decals should look good with the black forks, mechs, chainrings and saddle. The frame alone will pick out the red band on the tyres. Not going to go mad on this one like my RTS.

Almost done now......

Bit more shed time last night.

Got the bar stem combo sorted. Polished the GT bar up, fitted Hope spacer, grips and new L/H shifter. In the end, I decided against bar ends as I think it would spoil the XC racer look.

Also found I had some red chainring bolts kicking about, so popped them in too.

So, thats it now. Just got to drum my fingers and wait for the GT and Manitou decals to turn up.

Attachments

• Chainset.JPG
    Chainset.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,651
  • Bar & stem.JPG
    Bar & stem.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,651
  • L T S.JPG
    L T S.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,651
That is looking lovely :D

If your having trouble with the main pivot I have a used set of bushes you can have for nothing. I don't know what condition they are in as I removed them as soon as I got my frame to fit the BETD kit.

Let me know if you want them.

DomLake":2groawd3 said:
That is looking lovely :D

If your having trouble with the main pivot I have a used set of bushes you can have for nothing. I don't know what condition they are in as I removed them as soon as I got my frame to fit the BETD kit.

Let me know if you want them.

Thanks, on both counts :D

She will be given the once over by my LBS beginning of the week, so I will know then regarding the bushes. If I need them, I'll certainly give you a shout :cool: Cheers ;)

We're all finished now. Gears and brakes all set up, new cables throughout, new rear mech as the original LX was completely shot, front mech stripped and rebuilt and all linkages stripped and rebuilt.

I have only nipped up and down the road on her, but she is lovely :D

Brief spec:
1996 GT LTS frame only model with titanium link plates
Manitou Magnum forks
XT chainset
LX front and rear mechs
LX shifters
Deore V brakes and levers
Kalloy seatpost
NOS Vetta TT Trishock saddle
Tranz X 130mm stem
GT handlebar
Mavic 221 rims on LX hubs

Decals have been a pain to sort, and I'm a little unsure about the current set up. I ordered some GT decals off ebay, but upon delivery they turned out to be just the black part (ie the outline). So, I had to purchase some white vinyl and make my own. These will do for the moment, until Gil comes back to me.

Attachments

• All.JPG
    All.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,497
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,497
  • Front side.JPG
    Front side.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,497
  • Side.JPG
    Side.JPG