1996 GT LTS **Update 11/8**

Tell you what pickmeister, that is looking pretty, pretty, pretty, good- great job and that is saying alot from me- will never really love that rear end but WTF do I know anyway :LOL:

Question, why take her to the LBS- it looks almost set up to me. Doing the finishing touches is the best bit IMHO, However I know that the realisation that I set the brakes up as I hurtle towards a tree can be a sobering thought :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

looks great btw why do you take it to the lbs to be set up youve done the hard bit putting it together the rest is childs play!

Thanks chaps! I am certainly pleased with how she's looking, especially now the stem has turned up from Ian (doogie) and is fitted.

Regarding the planned trip to the LBS, its because I'm shocking at setting up the gears! :oops: And, TBH, theres always a little reassurance in someone else checking that everything is screwed down fully ;)

Its looking great.

Whats the travel of the front shocks?

Just finished my LTS build.

Its a great feeling to know you have completed the total build yourself but.......

I had the local bike shop check it over to make sure it was shifting fine as I couldn't get the front derailleur to change up to the big ring.....

Still the end result of being able to ride the completed project is what matters for me...

Thanks Brettels.

The Manitou's offer about 2" of travel, depending on the preload setting. Whilst I havent ridden them yet, they seem a perfect pairing to the rear suspension set up. I'm looking forward to trying them ;)

looking good, the red ano has come up really nice - like watching your ex canoodling with someone else this thread! just kidding, you're giving her a much better life than i ever could, just glad i salvaged her and found her a good home. i'll have to give my heckler a hug when i get home...

you've had it off swapping those nasty j2's out, if the manitous go up and down and weigh less than a bag of rocks then they're a significant improvement. i was surprised you even wanted them and they would've been tossed otherwise.

hope the LBS can sort that pivot, the fact mine wasn't very helpful combined with my lack of correct tools or patience was the main reason my enthusiasm ran out. look forward to seeing her all finished...

Pickle":10lbtrjo said:
Hopefully, I will have her in a state to be ridden by the end of the week :D

Hey Jon, thats come together quick and looking good mate. I like the XC Racer set up :cool:

It reminds me that i need to pull my finger out and get my project moving if it's going to be unveiled at Mayhem, its only taken 4 months so far and I haven't put one component on the frame yet :shock: :oops:

Know what you mean haribo, sold my proflex and have watched as someone lavished more care and love than I could ever muster, now looks the mutts nuts BTW.

I reassure myself with the thought that although she looks better now, no-one will ride her like I did ;) :LOL:

MadCowKev":3vwuikrt said:
Hey Jon, thats come together quick and looking good mate. I like the XC Racer set up :cool:

Cheers Kev! I don’t tend to hang around when I want to get something done. I decided she’d make an ideal MM standby bike, so set to it. XC racer all the way, and now looks even more aggressive with the new 130mm stem :cool:

haribo":3vwuikrt said:
looking good, the red ano has come up really nice - like watching your ex canoodling with someone else this thread!
…….
you've had it off swapping those nasty j2's out…..i was surprised you even wanted them and they would've been tossed otherwise.

hope the LBS can sort that pivot…..look forward to seeing her all finished...

Thanks Andrew. The anodizing looks great now, almost a shame to decal her up, but I think she deserves some new ones, give her an identity again!

J2’s were only wanted in order to ride it whilst looking for some Judy/Sid/Quadra, but then the deal of the century came about with the Manitou’s.

LBS have said they can tweak the pivot as they have the tools, so will do it when they set it all up.

Mrs GT informs me the new shifter has arrived today from cchris2lou, so bingo, that’s everything now. Hopefully be rolling over the weekend!

Back