What Kona do you think it is?

have some pics - I tried to capture the profile change on the top tube. If you want anymore, let me know.

original colour was all black with no fade.

Attachments

• more kona 1.jpg
    more kona 1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 459
  • more kona 2.jpg
    more kona 2.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 459
  • more kona 3.jpg
    more kona 3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 459
  • more kona 4.jpg
    more kona 4.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 459
  • more kona 5.jpg
    more kona 5.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 459
Yeah, my '94 explosif was tange, and ovalized, and sugino chainset, but had the ribbing on the down tube (very cool) but the BB was a sealed shimano unit if I recall. Now the '92 Fisher the Kona replaced still had the older style BB, so I think 92 is the right ballpark... in 94 the explosif was green.

It is a '92 Explosif as you say it is all black originally, that was its alternative colour as an option.
(Or prossibly the explosif pro which could have any group set dx/xt/xtr/xc pro and was black as standard but that was same frame, choose the bits and colour if not black.

FluffyChicken":30z4pmqg said:
It is a '92 Explosif as you say it is all black originally, that was its alternative colour as an option.
(Or prossibly the explosif pro which could have any group set dx/xt/xtr/xc pro and was black as standard but that was same frame, choose the bits and colour if not black.
Yes, it's a 1992 Explosif, size 16. [Most if not all 1992 Explosif Pros were actually custom-painted 1991 frames for some reason.]

So the big question is now that you know what it is and it's a very decent frame by the sounds of it will you be keeping it?

Carl.

drcarlos":23d3cdai said:
So the big question is now that you know what it is and it's a very decent frame by the sounds of it will you be keeping it?

Carl.

Depends.

Its absurdly too small for me but as it was one of my first retrobike style rebuilds in 2003, I have a softspot for it.

I dont have any parts for it and definitely no P2s!

Frame is structurally sound, just needs paint and decals...

<strokes stubble>

<ponders>

Back