Double 'Score' 2 x 1987 Cannondale SM500 20 & 18"

OSMojo

Old School Hero
The reason 'score' is in quotation marks is that I paid a fortune for these. I saw them in the USA but the seller would only accept local pickup, so long story short I paid a local bike shop to buy them off him, package them and send them. After paying him, paying them, paying shipping and paying TAX the word 'score' is out. The bikes are sensational, they have scratches but are in amazing condition, they even still have the nodules on the original tyres. They also have the very rare cannondale bottles and holders in matching colours. For huge images click any of these and then use the magnifying glass on photobucket.

Anyway, I've finally got the bike I wanted (the 20") with custom graphics.

Stats: 20" all factory original spec. Made 22 June 1987 number 681, frame made by 'BS' 'RB' & 'JM' Custom graphics by 'TM' (I think that's Thomas Magnum)

Stats 18" all factory original spec. Made 22 June 1987 (they share the same birthday
crying-and-sobbing.gif
) number 026, frame made by 'RV' 'AS' & 'TC' ( (TC) Friend of Magnum) custom graphics by 'JC'

Yes, i know you noticed the custom blue and green valve caps, again me :cool: I, did that :cool:

The Cannondale computer was great to see, as soon as I saw it I remembered that I bought one BITD for my SR500, so memories came flooding back. Shortly after the photo was taken however I managed to cut the cable with the roller cam.

This is the 18" now without the computer or reflectors (which were on both)

My wife will test the 18" out around the tow paths etc for an afternoon, if it fit's she'll keep it othersiwe it may be for sale.

A costly search but worth the wait I'd imagine. They look stunning :cool:

A couple of matching knitted jumpers and you're there :LOL: ;)

raidan73":14hk3ynx said:
A costly search but worth the wait I'd imagine. They look stunning :cool:

A couple of matching knitted jumpers and you're there :LOL: ;)

LOL, thanks

There's a time warp right there. Ok so the cost escalated, but hell when are you likely to get such an opportunity again?

Beauties.

Back