The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a silly question, but are these old Animal watches worth anything?

I got this in early Autumn (August? September?) 1994 with the money that was left over from buying my first proper MTB, a Kona Fire Mountain, so to me this is a piece of MTBing nostalgia but I have no idea if anyone feels the same way.

Hopefully this image will work:

ON4girqGUxrAE3RNqSAbtdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/O ... directlink

s_zigmond":zou5asu7 said:
Evening all,

Having to sell my RC200 F3 frame as I'm just not using due to two knackered knees (and a failed op). The frame was re-sprayed in white about 10 years ago by Argos. It has the usual marks around the chain stay etc, and I had planned to list it at £200 ONO. However having got it out of my shed today it would appear a large area of the down tube has oxidised with the paint coming off. I've cleaned some of it up and it polishes up fine.

So what do the Retrobike gods think its worth in its current condition or is it time to get the Nitromors out? Or can anyone recommend a good cheap (I know they don't really go together) powder coater in the Leeds area. If I was keeping it I would use Bob Jackson to get it sprayed, but at £90 its a bit pointless when I'm selling it.

Ive attached a pic of the worse bit. and of how it looked built up.

It includes the anti chain suck fins, seat clamp and chain guard as well as a BB and headset.

Thank you in advance and sorry for the long post

Think LSN Powder Coaters in Casvegas are well priced. PM Marctwotone as he's used them a lot in the past. You'll find him in the Yorkshire section. ;)

Just picked up a Mountain Cycle San Andreas, I believe its a 2005 classic model but not as standard.

I'm not selling it yet, its booked in for a service tomorrow so I can get out on it and see if its the bike for me or not. So what do the good folks here think its worth going off the pictures?

file.php

file.php

file.php

I volunteer at Cranks DIY bike workshop in Brighton (check us out - http://www.cranks.org.uk)

We were recently donated a 1992 Schwinn Paramount PDG90. It's all original and I'd say in 9.5 out of 10 condition. Unlike the other examples I can find online the main downtube decals say Schwinn rather than Paramount. Otherwise the decals are the same in in other photos. This may be because it was sold in Germany rather than in The States?

There are a few scratches, mostly in relatively hidden places. The (Vetta) saddle looks like a cat has used it as a scratching post. Otherwise everything is in excellent condition and all original down the the chain, grips, tyres and toe clip straps.

More photos to follow.

So, any thoughts on what it might be worth?

Attachments

• schwinn-paramount-1.jpg
    schwinn-paramount-1.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 365
Ironv6":3nkad3fz said:
I´ve got many things i don´t need and i would like to ask for your help to see how much can i ask for

Hi there, only new to the site and don't know if this is allowed here, but do you still have the xt v breaks and levers and the lx lever/shifters? What speed are they?
Cheers

Hi there

New here, guess this is the place to find out a bit about this bike I was given a little while ago. Assumed it was oldish so this seems the place.

It's an Orange Aluminium 'O' serial no: A10602249
Colour orange and white, with bright yellow Girvin flexstem and Mavic headset.
Condition is clean with no corrosion but with some stone chips on underside.
I have read in other post about these serial no. so I assume it's a 1991, is there any value or rarity in this?

Many Thanks

cliff89":180lskod said:
Hi there

New here, guess this is the place to find out a bit about this bike I was given a little while ago. Assumed it was oldish so this seems the place.

It's an Orange Aluminium 'O' serial no: A10602249
Colour orange and white, with bright yellow Girvin flexstem and Mavic headset.
Condition is clean with no corrosion but with some stone chips on underside.
I have read in other post about these serial no. so I assume it's a 1991, is there any value or rarity in this?

Many Thanks

Is this the one on ebay? If so, Looks very nice.

Aluminium O's are hard to value as I'd say they're the second least popular (after the C16) of all pre 1995 retro Oranges. Seen them go for a lot less then £100 but on a good day the one on ebay could see £200. Wouldn't have thought it'd go any higher though.

Yea decided to put it on there no reserve and let it find its own value. Theres been a fair bit if interest in the 24 hours its been on there. Lets see how it does. It owes me nothing.

Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back