Frame advice/comparison help - GT STS vs Amp B5

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I have an amp b5 already and had plans for it but I've always fancied an STS and have an opportunity to lay my hands on one. Which would the RB massive consider to be the 'better' frame. I've no experience of either so all info and opinions welcomed.

Re: Frame advice/comparison help - STS vs Amp B5

Lts based GT's are awesome things ,feel alive when you ride them
What sort of sts you got your eye on ian ?

I have an sts dh

P1040595.jpg

Mike

Re: Frame advice/comparison help - STS vs Amp B5

Sts 2. Been interested in one ever since I saw one outside my local tube station and saw it slowly stripped of parts. Owner must have been crazy to leave it there for weeks. Any sort of advice you have on them, rear shock longevity/servicing, bushing replacements etc. I've got a ton of amp spares so this could be a journey into the unknown.

I've got 3 Lts's , but beyond cleaning and greasing ,not had to do anything to them
BETD do bush kits ,shocks are RS deluxe coup deluxe and pretty reliable , but you can fit fox air shocks
With a bit of work
Just check for damage around the b/b shell , they can crack thru the threads
Mike

mikee":2597912s said:
I've got 3 Lts's , but beyond cleaning and greasing ,not had to do anything to them
BETD do bush kits ,shocks are RS deluxe coup deluxe and pretty reliable , but you can fit fox air shocks
With a bit of work
Just check for damage around the b/b shell , they can crack thru the threads
Mike
Cheers for the advice, much appreciated. I am trying to trade a frame for a frame. Would I be crazy to consider swapping a yo eddy or dekerf for a low mileage example? I'm thinking possibly, but value your opinion, you've not steered me wrong so far.

Having had a B4 and a few LTS's, personally would go for an LTS again.

The ride is similar and i imagine a B5 will be almost identical in feel and active suspension action, but the LTS was a bit more solidly made and less prone to bearing wear (though the flipside being that the parts are easier to get and probably cheaper)

Back