motor bike licences: what do I need for an old 175?

velomaniac":1fbc7pbu said:
First moped, pedal assisted old Honda PC50, unrestricted as pre 77 restrictions but could only hit 45-50mph off a cliff. Total instruction was, this is how you start it, this is how you switch it off, here's the keys and with that the mechanic walked away :LOL:
Crashed it often, didn't wear proper protective gear other than a helmet. Favourite trick was disconecting engine via a switch between feet at 30-40mph, switching off engine and lights and rolling last couple of hundred yards in darkness to the halls of residence. Scared the bejeezus out of my fellow students, glory days, to be 18 and stupid again :LOL:

Should have got an AP! Far more chance of killing yourself. It had a pedal you pulled out and swung round if you needed it to get away with regs. Once rode it home from Melton Mowbray to near Leicester with no exhaust! The locking ring had sheared off. Haring through villages like a 4 into 1 GS1000 or so I thought :LOL:

doctor-bond":yvbs7skx said:
A pal had an NS400 triple which I coveted hugely: they're probably hens teth now. Too quick for my old brain though - something sit up and beg, 250 or under seems more fitting now.

friend of mine had one of those and lent it to me while he rebuilt my first MTX200. the NS was excellent! think the idea was that I would buy it from him,never did.....bugger!

they are now "classic bikes" and go for silly money. would still have one if I ever won the lotto. or maybe two! one in Rothmans and one in HRC colours.

I find it difficult to compute how some of those bikes, unsophisticated by modern standards, are worth more now than they were new !

velomaniac":2ksd2oro said:
I find it difficult to compute how some of those bikes, unsophisticated by modern standards, are worth more now than they were new !

there is a FSIE on there for £3995! its only a bloody moped! silly,silly money.

Back