Steel Omega

About time this project saw the light of day! Got another project lined up first then I'm gonna crack on with this! Hopefully it'll be done by the spring....

Re:

Tel":9jnwlfks said:
About time this project saw the light of day! Got another project lined up first then I'm gonna crack on with this! Hopefully it'll be done by the spring....

It was about time but alas life got very busy and nothing further happened. Now though I have just placed the order for what I think is the remaining parts to get this build finished. Looking forward to getting it done!

Will document the rest of the build here.....

Muddy paw":gkr3voy4 said:
Are you allowed to show X rated pics on here :shock: :cool: ..

:D coming along nicely eh....

So this is how it has remained for the last few months, hung in the shop looking pretty but aching to be complete:

As I said above I ordered the remaining parts needed to complete the build so today down she came (since when did I start referring to bikes as "she"!?)

New Campag Record 12 - 23 Cassette:

Thought I may as well stick some alloy presta caps on there too:

And to more exciting stuff; Campag Chorus seatpost (not perfect condition but pretty darn good) and a new Selle Italia Flite 1990 saddle:

Cinelli XA stem (120mm) and Giro D'Italia bars (I think) with double grooves:

Campag CDA Delta brakes with polished and engraved covers (been aching to get these on) - need new blocks, think I have two already:

(terrible picture!)

So this is where we're at now. Got to polish the levers and cable it all up and it's very nearly done. hopefully the next instalment won't take me as long to do as this one!!!

So nearly there:

And a change of location in the shop too:

Hi Tel,

Good to see you have a little time to get a build done - and it really is a high class one - I love it. My only criticism is the change of the headset - your trademark 600 got binned!!! LOL

Hope you are doing well and you get a little time to complete this and ride it before the great weather leaves us.

Richard

p.s. a couple of guys who know their bikes had a ride on the Van Tuyl and loved it - they were really impressed with the weight and handling. Tubs might be going on it in the near future - should prove interesting.

i never thought they did silver vento's ,they looked really good ! also funny how deep section rims go really well
with this colour . nice build .
what are your handle bars please.

Little more progress and I hope to get if finished'ish tomorrow!

not sure how these pictures came out until I have them up on here:

Levers are Veloce, I had Record but they were to poor a state to recover, aesthetically though I actually prefer the Veloce with the slots and engraved logo so not all bad.

They were a little scratched up though so I gave them a polish to match all the other components:

Pre polished:

Polished:

Hoods were a mess, so on go the genuine new Campagnolo hoods which made a huge difference to the overall look:

Fitted awaiting cables:

That's as far as I got as I realised that all my downtube guides were still at home and I could not find my 3.5mm allen key (also later found at home!). The new KMC chain is on and the cables are kinda in place, just got to finish the cabling and tape it and I'm there!!! Not sure on pedals yet though.....

Time this was done!!! LOL

Looks great so far Tel, the polished bits are still my favouite!!

Richard

Back