British Steel

Cheers guys :) I bought it from wadsy 3 years ago. Before that it belonged to messiah.
My bikes even hide from me ;) I have an agreement with my girlfriend that I only keep 2 bikes in our home. Fortunately, my parents allow me to keep all my other bikes in my old bedroom at their house. I try to rotate them round but it does mean that I go months without riding some of them.

Hopefully this will arrive today.
New paint and a thread to go with it though it may turn into a longer project given its reputation. done right it will sing :cool:

I don't think I've put this up before and it's really just for posterity as it died a long, long time ago. It's a scan of a bad photo of a terrible incarnation of a lovely frame (it had been retired from mtb duties at this point and was my commuter). Taken around 1990 I guess.

My fillet brazed 531 Bromwich with chainstay mounted u-brake bosses

Attachments

• Bromwich.jpg
    Bromwich.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 363
raidan73":28lh2l1t said:
I don't think I've put this up before and it's really just for posterity as it died a long, long time ago. It's a scan of a bad photo of a terrible incarnation of a lovely frame (it had been retired from mtb duties at this point and was my commuter). Taken around 1990 I guess.

My fillet brazed 531 Bromwich with chainstay mounted u-brake bosses

That's well nice, but a tad large for us shorties, or is it just an illusion?

Cheers,
Andrew

Not as big as it looks but yes, it was a bit too big for me :D

As this thread started with two bike projects, I thought, having taken it for its first shakedown ride last night, I should post a picture of one of them.

1992 Dave Lloyd CATS WISKAS

DSC_0549.JPG

DSCN0382.JPG

While I'm at it, I better post this picture too, although it's more Anglo American Steel... in every respect.

1994 Fuquay

DSC_0551_zpsb9d43864.jpg

DSC_0557_zps409c39f1.jpg

Very very nice Neil, great additions to the thread.

Hopefully I'll be able to add one or two soon ;)

The Dave Lloyd looks stunning Neil, how does it ride.

I keep on coming back to this thread every now and again just for a look and it ends up with me quickly checking the bay,gumtree etc etc :LOL:

Back