Not So New Build - Genesis Fortitude - 2 Years In

Re: New Build - Genesis Fortitude Adventure - Drop Bar - PG2

Update:

Drop bar experiment didn't really work. I should have bought a high rise stem but decided to go back to the flat bar.

Tyres are staying for now although I do miss the comfort of the proper tyres :LOL:

Pre gates ride training .....

Re: New Build - Genesis Fortitude Adventure - Drop Bar - PG2

Shame the drop bar didn't work out - nice try though!!

Mines now gone all dingle speed. 36:14 on the outside for roads and 32:18 on the inside for off road. Will be giving roads and semi slicks a go for a while thanks to the dark eve's, but nice to know that the off road gear is there if I want it! Just needs mudguards and lights and it'll be a great winter road warrior

Have also treated myself to a 2nd hand thomspon lay back post and some GP3 ergo grips / ends - which a few rides in I am now loving!!

In a moment of weakness I also bought some exotic carbon forks which need putting on at some point, but might wait till the spring.

Still loving the Fortitude!

Attachments

• DSC_0031 (640x360).jpg
    DSC_0031 (640x360).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,567
  • DSC_0035 - Copy (640x360).jpg
    DSC_0035 - Copy (640x360).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,567
Re: New Build - Genesis Fortitude Adventure

Sundays ride ..... No idea who the goon is supporting the bike ..... :LOL: :LOL:

file.php

Very little has changed since building up the bike.

Got a few bits to spruce her up including a rather lovely Salsa post :oops:

10-24-2.jpg

Favorite bike in the shed ....

is it not 29 already? or they just humungous tires?

letmetalktomark":mbwbsit5 said:
The Fortitude is going 29er+ well front wheel anyway :)
let us know how you get on;i have had a knard and rabbit hole on the front of my fargo'
and to be honest needs more testing to see if it works.

Will do.

I've run a 2.4 Ardent on a Flow EX rim for a while.

file.php

Run at a lowish pressure there is oodles of grip but the tyre feels a little "sqirmy".

I've gone for a Velocity Dually rim so not quite RH width but very similar at 45mm.

I think it will look huge in the fork given its non suspension corrected (445mm AtoC)

Week or so to go :-(

Re: New Build - Genesis Fortitude Adventure - 29er+ Addition

➡️ Update:

Largely this build has remained unchanged over time as it all just works. That said its difficult not to tinker!

➡️ New additions:

29er+ front wheel - Surly Knard 3.0 on a Velocity Dually rim

Salsa Regulator titanium post :oops:

First ride out with the new additions was over the weekend. No need to follow the trails now the bike just plows its own :LOL: Mounted on the Dually the Knard is a true 75mm wide, the volume is hugebut doesn't through the non suspension corrected geometry:

The fork is a 440mm AtoC Salsa Cromoto and whilst the clearance isn't huge its on par with whats available out back:

The ti post is wonderfully finished. No sure on it yet though. The ride whilst seated is a lot smoother but the undamped nature of the flex will take some getting used to.

I'm having a new Alfine hub laced into a Flow rims so hopefully that should allow a slightly lower pressure to be run out back.

Huge thanks to the guys at Just Riding Along http://www.justridingalong.com/ for building the wheel :cool:

Love it.

Re: New Build - Genesis Fortitude Adventure - 29er+ Addition

Good to see you are still loving the Fortitude.

I have gone the other way and mine now sports some Schwalbe Marathon Mondial Evolutions in 1.75" flavour. Rolls really nice but still has a bit of off road ability. I still have much fatter on the other 29ers though. ;)

IMG_0196_zps3b27e47e.jpg

Interested to hear how you get on with the seatpost. Can't help but think I should have one of them on the El-Mar but I couldn't quite justify the price at the time!

Back