Fun Car. Talk to me!

This looked a lot of fun, but I think it must have been a left hander because the driver was actually holding us up through the traffic coming back up from Laggan via Spean Bridge, even once we were behind them directly they seemed very hesitant on the twisties. Perhaps the car was new to them. Sounded amazing!
1jd4.jpg

This is another example of why, for point to point cross country, I would favour a smallish sports saloon/hatchback over just about anything. I am still after the Lancia Delta I have been waiting to get for a steal for the last couple of years!
I also sat behind a V12 Aston today, it was amazing to watch it disappear into the bends, only to find it sat behind a lorry five minutes later! So wide it was it was unable to overtake for at least a couple of miles more than I would have taken, or perhaps they were worrying about their paint with all the gritty verges we have!

highlandsflyer":2bicyz88 said:
This looked a lot of fun, but I think it must have been a left hander because the driver was actually holding us up through the traffic coming back up from Laggan via Spean Bridge, even once we were behind them directly they seemed very hesitant on the twisties. Perhaps the car was new to them. Sounded amazing!
1jd4.jpg

This is another example of why, for point to point cross country, I would favour a smallish sports saloon/hatchback over just about anything. I am still after the Lancia Delta I have been waiting to get for a steal for the last couple of years!
I also sat behind a V12 Aston today, it was amazing to watch it disappear into the bends, only to find it sat behind a lorry five minutes later! So wide it was it was unable to overtake for at least a couple of miles more than I would have taken, or perhaps they were worrying about their paint with all the gritty verges we have!

It's the classic highland summer driving pattern. You sit behind a fast car getting more frustrated on the twisty bits, then as soon as there is a straight where you can get past they floor it and you get left for dead only to catch them as soon as it gets twisty again. I had a Delta for a while that was very capable up there, sadly not an Integrale.

Exactly! I wasn't actually frustrated behind them though, I was only noting they were cornering much slower than I normally do. They could have ripped us a new arse of course, had they known the road! I was enjoying every minute of it, had the windows down and the fan off to hear that engine!

The one point they did floor it for real was when I was singing along behind at about 110, and they left me for dead, but there are few straights along the lochs, so I was soon at their rear again. They eventually turned off so I never had the chance to get some stationery pics!

I caught the Aston up before I had to turn off to collect mates from Melgarve off the Corrieyairack.

I reckon a well sorted 205 GTi would be the ideal weapon on the Highland roads.

I notice it is on Barny's shortlist!

As for the Delta, I am still trying to bend the guy's arm for the motor. I have a proper workshop now for all the welding needed, so this autumn should see it mine!

Mitsubishi Colt CZT or the CZC. You also said about Sunny/Pulsar GTiR's, these tend to fall apart.
What about a Toyota Glanza Turbo.
I wouldn't touch a Mk2 MR2, but would have a Mk1 and Mk3.

delihustler":3vrbg2hj said:
Mitsubishi Colt CZT or the CZC. You also said about Sunny/Pulsar GTiR's, these tend to fall apart.
What about a Toyota Glanza Turbo.
I wouldn't touch a Mk2 MR2, but would have a Mk1 and Mk3.

The Toyota Starlet Glanza is a nice little car.

I always fancied A Nissan Pulsar GTI-R, they're like shit off a shovel, only the stories of exploding gearboxes and lack of spare parts availability put me off :(

Just please don't buy an MGF :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back