bartape wrapping

joe careless

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
why is bartape started at the end of the bars then worked to the centre and finished off with insulation tape? I have started going from stem to end and provided i remember to wind the correct way it naturally tightens when gripped in earnest and aesthetically is far more pleasing.

Because it just is. It's the rules.

I always start from the ends of the bar, and it always ends up self tightening on both the drops and the top of the bars.

Either/or, your choice.

I find the adhesive tape which you use on the middle of the bars always comes loose and makes the thing look scruffy :oops:

If you apply something like Pritstick too the bars first it helps everything stay together longer. The best way I found to do it is watch the various 'how to' vids on Youtube and use the best bits of advice.

Chopper1192":12cooegh said:
That's creepy. I was just pondering this myself earlier today!

Yeah, how strange that out of 28,000 members of a bike forum, two of them were thinking about the same bike releated subject on the same day :LOL:

do people on here do the harlequin wrapping ?

4824991949_c304ca8c38.jpg

unkleGsif":3ufkaq1l said:
Am I alone in using bar tape on mountain bikes? :oops:

...inside to ends by the way ;)

G

I use it on bar ends- long L-bend stylee, but I'm not proud of the fact. You may well be alone in your deviancy using it instead of grips.
In fact, there's probably a government register that you should be on.........

Back