The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Got this for my birthday last week. Basso want 20euros to tell me what it is. I thought I might save the money towards a respray!

Anyway. Detailing is correct but no marks on rear dropout. External cabling. Something that may be an S H or S B on opposite side to 56 on bb plus serial number 904210.

Seat pst is around 26.6 on the calipers.

Previous owner had it from new and had it resprayed years ago but can't remember model details. He thinks he bought it around 90/91 in Cornwall.

Any help appreciated as I'm curious.

Thanks THM

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 741
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 741
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 741
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 741
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 741
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 741
There is a Basso Gap on the same site but I don't think yours is that either as the forks crown on yours is smooth.

I remember that the guy I bought the second Basso loto from said the first two numbers of the serial gave the year.

Mine are.

Neither of mine have the extra letter like yours does.

Hmmmmmm thanks again. I wonder what the extra means. So it dates to 90 which ties in with seller's recollection.

Columbus sp if I remember correctly is a heavier version of SL .I cannot remember many builders using it. It was mostly SL and SLX at the time. I guess 56 refers to the size?

matthew71":8ilqz96i said:
Columbus sp if I remember correctly is a heavier version of SL .I cannot remember many builders using it. It was mostly SL and SLX at the time. I guess 56 refers to the size?

You have a good memory. 56cm frame still searching.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 670
Back