motor bike licences: what do I need for an old 175?

Ah the good old days ... ride a 50cc bike at 16, pass your test on your 17th birthday and you could go out on an RD250. Bloody thing tried to kill me the day after.

RXS 100s, LCs, Sidewinders :shock: :LOL: Those all open up the memory floodgates. Racing fisies anyone?

A pal had an NS400 triple which I coveted hugely: they're probably hens teth now. Too quick for my old brain though - something sit up and beg, 250 or under seems more fitting now.

doctor-bond":3hnoeudb said:
RXS 100s, LCs, Sidewinders :shock: :LOL: Those all open up the memory floodgates. Racing fisies anyone?

A pal had an NS400 triple which I coveted hugely: they're probably hens teth now. Too quick for my old brain though - something sit up and beg, 250 or under seems more fitting now.

I had a Kawasaki KR1-S up to a few years ago...wish I had one back then, what a very very fast two stroke! I couldn't ride a monster bike but around 600cc would be fine I guess

Eeee when I were a lad....

bought a Suzuki AP50, the last of the unrestricted bikes on an R plate when i was 16, oversize pistons and rings, no experience no CBT to worry about or any of that crap. It would do 70+ with me on it. Was in a ditch within 24 hours!

God I loved that bike! Do you remember riding to places just because you could?

Attachments

• Suzuki-AP50-1976.jpg
    Suzuki-AP50-1976.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 202
My mate had an AP, I had a Fizzy, we were always 'racing'.

you remember riding to places because you could?

Boxhill...very often, I can still feel the back end po-go-ing going around the deceptive bends (when I was on larger but equally crap handling bikes).

I want my youth back! ha ha

First moped, pedal assisted old Honda PC50, unrestricted as pre 77 restrictions but could only hit 45-50mph off a cliff. Total instruction was, this is how you start it, this is how you switch it off, here's the keys and with that the mechanic walked away :LOL:
Crashed it often, didn't wear proper protective gear other than a helmet. Favourite trick was disconecting engine via a switch between feet at 30-40mph, switching off engine and lights and rolling last couple of hundred yards in darkness to the halls of residence. Scared the bejeezus out of my fellow students, glory days, to be 18 and stupid again :LOL:

Harryburgundy":ty7xzaj4 said:
I had a Kawasaki KR1-S up to a few years ago...wish I had one back then, what a very very fast two stroke! I couldn't ride a monster bike but around 600cc would be fine I guess

They were the thing to have - those and the RGs. A bit too quick for some of the lads who had them round my way though.

Just saw this: if had the funds spare, I'd buy it to look at, sit on and rev a bit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-NS-400- ... 4171c4f196

$T2eC16F,!)cE9s4PsNiSBRShvJr4WQ~~_12.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back