Intense Tazer HT

Kevhl

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've wanted one of these since they can out, but have never justified it to myself. I've had a small Santa Cruz Chameleon built as a 4x/play bike since around 2004 but due to lack of use I sold this in bits early last year...

...since then the kids have decided they want to start playing at the local jump/4x tracks so I've managed to justify another build. I've been looking for a few months and ended up with a later HT frame off 'the bay' around a month back.

It's been slow progress, originally I wanted to go for a black frame and when I found this one I had a set of MR T's running single crown I thought would be perfect. I don't want to respray this frame and have decided the MR T's are a little before this frames time and would be better suited on something else.

I'm going for relatively new components mainly due to having the parts available.

Anyway some pictures to show you where it's currently at:

Frame late one night in it's new home:
IMG_9605.jpg

Some bits bolted up:
IMG_9662.jpg

IMG_9661.jpg

Original Bulbs on 321s bolted up:
Tazer.jpg

As you can see, I've not really made any real progress... time is limited to late nights when the kids are in bed and the camera takes cr*p pics!

Kevhl":w4acathd said:
As you can see, I've not really made any real progress... time is limited to late nights when the kids are in bed

I know that feeling! ;) :LOL:

Looks like you've made some progress though, keep up the good work!

Thank you sir, although I don't think it's going to end up quite to the standard your Tazer will be!

It did, and it got ridden a fair amount too. However it was a little on the soft side and was more of a jump/play bike that wasnt really as good as a hardtail for what i used it for.
The frames destined to go to my brothers in Granada, we'll put a new shock on and it will be used on some of his local freeride tracks out there!

The Patriot in the background I picked up for a steal recently and is being built for my other brother.

I think I got too much enjoyment out of riding this so never updated the thread!

Built it with some slightly lighter wheels and then enjoyed it, although it has been my least ridden bike in the last year so when I got offered a fair wedge of cash and a DMR trailstar for it I couldn't refuse. So it's gone to pastures new and I have to decide whether to build up the bits onto the trailstar frame or Azonic DS1?!

Not quite as cool, or highend as the Tazer but it rides really, really well... I'm impressed and will be able to justify to keep it built up!

Bring on the 4x and pump tracks!

Back