Basso, made in Italy with Shimano 600 and 105 equipment

The History Man":17kul26e said:
grilla":17kul26e said:
As does my SLX Loto

How can you identify a frame. Basso wanted twenty euros to tell me! Mine's been resprayed at some point.

All I really know is that earlier Basso lotos' had Cinelli stamped lugs on the seat tube by the bolt and later ones didn't. Later ones also had a pump nipple on the steer tube and slightly thicker paint.

Mine has a Cinelli stamped lug but then a chromed rear stay, which I though dated it to more like 93-94?!

Pump nipple.......Thats a little pointy thing on the steer tube to hang the end of 'yer pump on.

Thats the difference between the two loto frames that I have. More I can not say.

The earlier one has chrome and the latter doesn't. Wether you can use that as a gauge, I don't know.

The first one I bought in the states in..... I think '92 or '93 It had been built and ridden a couple of times so was virtually newish. I crashed it four months later and that too sports wrinkles in the top and down tubes.

That's defo been crashed & been into the back of something as no road bike has that close clearance on the down tube - I would avoid!!

Nob":nz9n40vc said:
That's defo been crashed & been into the back of something as no road bike has that close clearance on the down tube - I would avoid!!

Did you read the first sentence in this ad?

MODERATORS NOTE: THIS BIKE HAS HAD HEAVY CRASH DAMAGE AND IS NOT SAFE TO BE RIDDEN. IT SHOULD BE BROUGHT AS SPARES OR REPAIR ONLY.

Back