Fun Car. Talk to me!

I omitted the wink although one could get a good e36 328 or reasonable e46 330 for the money. Anyway.

Why has a MX-5 been written off. Surely the MX-5 in the conclusion to this internet debate?

Mr Grand slam

Knowing the roads you're talking about (and the number of cameras) I'd say something that gives smiles at whatever speed:). hence my first two selections...

very old (and if you're under 6') and definitely only when sunny, but guaranteed to make you smile and wet yourselves in equal measure (watch for potholes!)

MG Midget - 1275 MkII or III (I just happen to have a MKIII!)

Old (any size drivers and most weathers)

Porsche 924s - the 's' is the porsche engined one (the vw engined one's are going up in value NOW so this could be a good investment and c£3k should get a minter)

A 944 lux (if mint) or a decent s2 (beware maintenance costs on all these but a lot is DIY-able)

Most have the big lift-out sunroof so you can semi-targa it (i just happen to have a 96:cool:

Best 'Q' car (all weather and stupidly quick, fun in an OMG kind of way)

Legacy GTB or b4 (estate / saloon) - like a grown up impreza (without the unkudos)

Most underrated

Accord Type 'R' (now seriously cheap but relatively big)

Best quality / speed / weather (but not really fun?)

Audi S3 (8l model preferably in nogaro blue)

An Mx5 is likely going to fit like the proverbial, so I'm just thinking what I'd choose for the A465 :D

Hope Warbs is fit soon as!
cheers
And

John":1lbyz7vs said:
I omitted the wink although one could get a good e36 328 or reasonable e46 330 for the money. Anyway.

Why has a MX-5 been written off. Surely the MX-5 in the conclusion to this internet debate?

I haven't written off an MX-5. I just forgot to include it in my last list :oops:

Quickly scanned this thread and only saw LGF come up with the right answer...

Honda S2000.

I borrowed one of these off a mate and was truly impressed as to what a drivers car they are... The early ones rev to 9000 all day long and as is often quoted - not one VTEC failure in all the time they've been using variable valve timing. Proper engineering that..

Tell that to the BMW crowd! (VANOS etc)

Throw in the classy all aluminium body and shark like looks (rare as well) and for me you have a winner... early ones are surely close to budget to.

Downside is that inside is a little plastic fantastic, but the hood is sensible and doesn't leak. They can also be used to potter around in - under 4000 rpm and it's a pussycat. Above 4500, they turn into a Lion!

It really is the best option for that road you mentioned!

PS, If you can get up to Yorkshireland, I can get you a go in one!

ringo":1ujbq8la said:
Quickly scanned this thread and only saw LGF come up with the right answer...

Honda S2000.

I agree if budget will stretch to £4k rather than <£3k.

I took your subject line a bit literally...

KITT2000.jpg

Sorry about that.

As mentioned earlier, a Mazda MX5/Eunos Roadster, either a Mk1 or Mk2 is easily within budget.

Top down front engined, rear wheel drive fun, like driving a go-kart only comfier. Get a hardtop for winter use.

If you want to go a bit mental then find one fitted with a turbo and decent engine management, something in the 200-250Bhp range will put a BIG smile on your face whilst still being reliable.

I miss my old Eunos so much I'm thinking about getting another one sometime soon!

Back