Unofficial retrobike allotment thread....

No allotment but cherries, raspberries, black currants, and last of gooseberries today in garden. Mirabelles getting there too! Love the thread and very envious.

Iwasgoodonce":2446l3oo said:
The bad thing is the wife seems to be attacked by various six legged wildlife every time she goes down there. It's like living with a lepper!

Pictures to follow!

Please don't feel that you have to.

i believe in fixies":3shblknz said:
Iwasgoodonce":3shblknz said:
The bad thing is the wife seems to be attacked by various six legged wildlife every time she goes down there. It's like living with a lepper!

Pictures to follow!

Depends where the bites are. Or was that another site? :LOL:

i believe in fixies":35it1ait said:
Iwasgoodonce":35it1ait said:

Pictures to follow!

Ha, good point! They wouldn't make good family viewing. Is it something to do with how much carbon dioxide your skin gives off? Everything that possibly can seems to want to take a chunk out of her.

Generally the bite goes on to form a large orange blister and the area swells so much it bruises.

Nasty!

Grow garlic and rosemary and feed her that before she goes down to the allotment, that will keep bugs at bay.

my mrs swears by marmite on crumpets before an allotment session – she's noticed certain bugs seem to hate the stuff....

mmm... yet another haul of rhubarb today – just making a batch of compote. Up to 20 quids worth of rhubarb here, going by the usual supermarket prices.
When you realise just how easy the stuff is to grow, you know the supermarkets are ripping everyone off by branding it as a premium product.

"GYO", cut out the corporates and make your dollars go further.

Attachments

• mmm_rhubarb_0530.jpg
    mmm_rhubarb_0530.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 97
Back