Anyone ever built their own frame?

oliverracing":5vtf07ya said:
yep.... but in carbon - just finished it about a week back... build thread to follow!
976825_10200283984770860_1680204670_o.jpg
Looking forward to more about that!

I did metalwork as an upper school child and to put it mildly, I was seriously crap, I had had to fight tooth and nail in a catholic school to get them to allow a girl to do it, I was so embarrassed to have to admit that I was a complete failure, if you gave me 3 years I'd never be able to make a ridable frame never mind a successful one :oops: I so let the girls down :roll: It cannot be just a man thing, she say's hopefully. I really challenge Dave Yates to make me build a workable frame, he'd loose so badly :facepalm: I admire anyone who can build their own frame, I'll be a model if the frame came free :D

Alison

danson67":30emxu9t said:
Those stays and dropouts on the Nivachrom OR are beautiful
Thanks, Taffy... I've still got that frame if you're interested. 17", 22.5 top tube... ;)
The stays are 16mm single tapered down to 11mm at the bottom, with Henry James stainless dropouts. They're beautiful, plug fitting things from a small US maker, don't see them much over here as you have to buy them direct from the US.
69ce45b7cd5d179639a944b7b003f922_zpsa2758ad9.jpg

All the best,

Do you accept kidneys or chiddlers? (maybe cake?)

A nice long top tube on a frame that size hmmm..

danson67":1ggrbivq said:
Those stays and dropouts on the Nivachrom OR are beautiful
Thanks, Taffy... I've still got that frame if you're interested. 17", 22.5 top tube... ;)
The stays are 16mm single tapered down to 11mm at the bottom, with Henry James stainless dropouts. They're beautiful, plug fitting things from a small US maker, don't see them much over here as you have to buy them direct from the US.
69ce45b7cd5d179639a944b7b003f922_zpsa2758ad9.jpg

All the best,

Why did that picture do things to me?

oliverracing":3fov1njw said:
yep.... but in carbon - just finished it about a week back... build thread to follow!

Cool looking bike oliverracing, I'd like to do something like this myself, looking forward to your build thread.

Do it! I built this retro style frame a few years back at Ubi in Ashland, Oregon. It's a great feeling to ride your own bike.

The bars are Ritchey's.

IMGP1432.JPG

IMG_5175.JPG

IMGP1459.JPG

IMG_5688.JPG

Lovely bike that. great fillets. pancenti for crown. nice styling and full campag. proper nice work that. :¬)

biglev":2tegw8th said:
Lovely bike that. great fillets. pancenti for crown. nice styling and full campag. proper nice work that. :¬)

Thanks, I tried to use as much Italian components I could. Most parts are Italian except for the tires,tubes,fork crown, bars and spokes. Rims are Campagnolo Zark and the tubing is a mix of Columbus and Dedacciai.

Back