BoTM July '13 - Muddy Fox vs Orange vs Saracen - Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BoTM July '13 - Muddy Fox vs Orange vs Saracen - Nominat

Ha. And the verdict seems to be putting neither of these two through...

makster":2ns16cqu said:
I like the blue one :cool:

Me too

nevadasmith":3tppsecu said:
raidan73":3tppsecu said:
makster":3tppsecu said:
I like the blue one :cool:

Me too

And me - with the stem and saddle off of the black one :cool:

Yup :D

Gravy Monster":1fyqjfqg said:
Well I suppose I had to do it sometime :oops:

Gravy Monster's 1989 Saracen Trekker Competition UU

More detailed pictures HERE

Bike's thread HERE

null_zps737dfb60.jpg

null_zpsf02c5dca.jpg

So far, this is where I'll be checking the box; can't go wrong with a blacked out 80's MTB :cool:

I will put up my old muddy fox later, my pictures are all on flickr and I can not get to them at work.

There must be some more 80`s bike out there, come on lets see`em

overdone if you chucked LX or DX on them like the Clockworks

Insults ahoy.

The Saracen tufftrax had mountain lx parts and deore dx thumbies (bar the exage brakes). Was that "overdone" ?
I've owned both a tufftrax and a clockwork. They rode really differently but both were equally well made. As far as I know both were built in the far east but designed in the UK. Have to admit I don't know which Saracen's were UK built but I think i recall a "designed in england" sticker on my tufftrax, (but can't recall if it said made in england too). The saracen cornered well, felt solid and comfortable. The clockwork was a bit better up hill and felt a bit more agile, but also had a springiness to it that was a bit marmite (I liked it). Muddy Fox seem to me to be forgettable by early to mid 90s for some reason. The early couriers and explorers were pretty inspiring, but then they went all neon paint jobs and enormously long stems (no offence meant, just not my cup of tea). I'm sure some people loved them but I was put off them by that stage as they looked like they would ride twitchy off road and be betters suited to cycle couriers in London. Have to admit I kind of like Dr Carlos courier though....its got mountain lx and its not neon!

Some great bikes on here and surprised to see so many saracens...including some particularly cool ones.

Its going to be a difficult choice this month.

raymondluxuryyacht":23eq5geb said:
overdone if you chucked LX or DX on them like the Clockworks

Insults ahoy.

The Saracen tufftrax had mountain lx parts and deore dx thumbies (bar the exage brakes). Was that "overdone" ?
I've owned both a tufftrax and a clockwork. They rode really differently but both were equally well made. As far as I know both were built in the far east but designed in the UK. Have to admit I don't know which Saracen's were UK built but I think i recall a "designed in england" sticker on my tufftrax, (but can't recall if it said made in england too). The saracen cornered well, felt solid and comfortable. The clockwork was a bit better up hill and felt a bit more agile, but also had a springiness to it that was a bit marmite (I liked it). Muddy Fox seem to me to be forgettable by early to mid 90s for some reason. The early couriers and explorers were pretty inspiring, but then they went all neon paint jobs and enormously long stems (no offence meant, just not my cup of tea). I'm sure some people loved them but I was put off them by that stage as they looked like they would ride twitchy off road and be betters suited to cycle couriers in London. Have to admit I kind of like Dr Carlos courier though....its got mountain lx and its not neon!

Some great bikes on here and surprised to see so many saracens...including some particularly cool ones.

Its going to be a difficult choice this month.

:roll: :facepalm: you need to re-read what I wrote. Theres no insult there, it was suggesting that a MF infinity frame could have lx or DX hung on it and not look overdone just like a clockwork.

Carl

MADB":1rw9tgl9 said:
I will put up my old muddy fox later, my pictures are all on flickr and I can not get to them at work.

There must be some more 80`s bike out there, come on lets see`em

MADB's 1984 S&G Araya Muddy Fox

Build thread in signature.

IMAG0692 by Brian Marshall1, on Flickr

IMAG0694 byBrian Marshall1, on Flickr

I have entered this before and it may have been a special, mods please remove if I have broke to many rules......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back