Dawes New Wave

Hmmm, slight contrast there, still not too much work to get that stem smart.

Whhoooa, time to put on the tin foil hat when forum members start looking inside one another's heads. :shock:

:LOL: that's what mine looked like in 1990
By 91 the paint looked like it had been shot at with a 12bore, so I repainted it (badly :oops: ) The black paint on the forks was equally fragile and they got removed in favour of a pair of 750g rockstars.

Whatever you repaint mine with, it'll be better than the factory paint.
I'll try and PM you tomorrow with a postage cost.

Oh and guess who now owns a Dawes Raw Nerve again after 20years? :mrgreen:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yup!
Bargain!
'90 i think, but I haven't got it yet, getting a relative to pick it up ASAP, but the seller sent me a bunch of pics before it ended, revealing it to be a very dusty cobweb laden but virtually unused bike that still has its original tyres, seat, brake blocks and grips! The ano is still on the braking surfaces too.
I'm chuffed to bits!
Going to be a trek to collect it though :?

bren":3h3kdy8w said:
Yup!
Bargain!
'90 i think, but I haven't got it yet, getting a relative to pick it up ASAP, but the seller sent me a bunch of pics before it ended, revealing it to be a very dusty cobweb laden but virtually unused bike that still has its original tyres, seat, brake blocks and grips! The ano is still on the braking surfaces too.
I'm chuffed to bits!
Going to be a trek to collect it though :?

Good skills - I was really tempted, enthused by Neil's thread but skint this month after a epidemic of white goods failures in the house :(

Really like these Dawes bikes - anyhow back to Neils' build........

Re:

I have one new wave in 531 these in that weird green and I'm looking to get rid of it.pic file is too big so pm me for pics via email

Back